Do you like The Beatles??

Feanor IV

Jan 22, 2002
Athens, Greece
www.metal-realm.com
Do you guys actually like the Beatles? I mean, IMO they're definitely one of the best bands to ever appear on the planet, one my favorite three bands. So, do you like them? And which of their songs do you like the most???

beatles = god
my fave band with anathema, after led zep

difficult to choose only one song, but i'd say While My Guitar Gently Weeps in acoustic version by George. it's on the anthology 3.
my fave albums are the White and Abbey Road.

i liked very much when anathema covered in concert a part of "she said she said" in "2000 & gone"

mehdibeatlefinal.jpg

I'm more into their later stuff. White Album is my favourite. difficult album to get into but it's great.

they released a big book about john lennon these days, with loads of stuff in there, fake postcards and that, i was browsing it the other day.

Strangelight said:
Oh, and I was born in the same hospital as JOHN LENNON like.
I'm pretty sure that if a musician said this to a Greek journalist the next question would be "did this help you find a label to support you?"

BTW, yep, "Help" is a great record, cool "happy" stuff like "You're Going To Lose That Girl" (heheee) or "It's Only Love" and all that :) And there's "Yesterday" in it if i'm not mistaken. These guys were so amazing! I have this feeling many times (the same feeling I have for Queen): how could they actually write all this great music? It seems like they had 150 people composing for them, and yet most songs were lennon/maccartney or harrison! Impressive!

BTW, my favorite albums are probably "Abbey Road" and "Rubber Soul" (it actually balances nicely between their early style and their "mature" period.....

Feanor IV said:
I'm pretty sure that if a musician said this to a Greek journalist the next question would be "did this help you find a label to support you?"

BTW, yep, "Help" is a great record, cool "happy" stuff like "You're Going To Lose That Girl" (heheee) or "It's Only Love" and all that :) And there's "Yesterday" in it if i'm not mistaken. These guys were so amazing! I have this feeling many times (the same feeling I have for Queen): how could they actually write all this great music? It seems like they had 150 people composing for them, and yet most songs were lennon/maccartney or harrison! Impressive!

BTW, my favorite albums are probably "Abbey Road" and "Rubber Soul" (it actually balances nicely between their early style and their "mature" period.....
Haha I'll try and slip that into me next interview. Yeah, all songs on Help give a good feeling but I never liked Act Naturally. The lyrics for 'Help' the song are spot on like. Damn, nostalgia attack :(

Dazza81 said:
I know that they influenced alot of bands and musicians, and I respect them for that, but I really hate their music :erk: :yell:

CHEERS!!! :cool:

I thought nobody here was going to say that :tickled:

I only like Eleanor Rigby, but antimatter version :D

yes, I don't I know I havent heard all their stuff, but their comercial stuff is to happy as somebody said here, do they have some sad songs for me, some recomendations please

And I hate yellow submarine because in school they always played it at english class :ill: :yell:

for some reason I don't like Pink Floyd's pre-dark side.. because they remind me the The Beatles :erk:

John Carvajal said:
:erk: I don't remember, is the one before a dark side?? I think that one is the one I haven't heard but what I know is all that arnold layne songs suxxx!!!

its the one with the song echoes which is near or over 20 min has sonar bleeps and other strange sound effects on it. Beatles? Meddle?

yeah echoes is a great song. i dont like the palm beach song on meddle tho (san tropez)

the beatles have cool songs to play on your guitar when youre alone and if theres no one to support you. my fave song is fool on the hill but there are many other great songs, strawberry fields, ia m the walrus, help, lucy in the sky with diamonds, sgt peppers, yesterday, eleanor rigby, come together etc

John Carvajal said:
yes, I don't I know I havent heard all their stuff, but their comercial stuff is to happy as somebody said here, do they have some sad songs for me, some recomendations please

And I hate yellow submarine because in school they always played it at english class :ill: :yell:
Here's a good list for you: While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Across The Universe, Strawberry Fields Forever, I Want You (She's So Heavy), Something, Because, Happiness is a Warm Gun (at least the first part of it, the rest is probably 'too happy' for you;)), For No One, Girl, Golden Slumbers, Michelle, A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, The Fool On The Hill, Hey Jude, The Long And Winding Road.

Some of them are not really *sad*, rather love songs which are not happy... If you want to download any of them, begin from the first ones, they will probably be closer to what you're looking for... I really can't believe that anyone could find WMGGW or "Across..." or "Because" or "Strawberry..." far too happy. I mean he must have already killed himself then, if that's what he calls "happy", cause I can't imagine what's "sad" for him!! :)