Do you think Opeth should make music videos?

Should Opeth make music videos?

• Yea, that would be great!

Votes: 51 48.1%
  • No, Opeth isn't the type to make videos...

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Eating children should be outlawed!

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters
Maybe... they could just show live videos with the album song edited over... like Cannibal Corpse, or other groups do. That would still count... Wouldn't it?

my favorite videos are always the live videos....ones shot to be music videos but they're just basically high quality recordings from a live show, using the live audio and everything. those are my favorites because I love seeing a band in a live setting and because I already know what the album sounds like, so I like to hear something different. Plus it has more credibility than them sitting and playing in a garage.

Yes, and I have a vision for the video. I quote myself.

MightyA said:
Yeah! There would be lots of black/darkbrownhaired goth chicks dancing really slowly! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! IT WOULD RULE!

Then Mikael would play a little solo in the end of the song and he would be standing on a huge rock! NO...he would be standing on two rocks! Did i mention these rocks would be huge!

One member should be bald.

+meathooks and chains!

let me be more precise:
there would be chains hanging from the trees and some of the chains would be hanging from thin air! WHAT THE FUCK! "How is that possible?" you might ask. I'll explain. Be patient. Opeth has that "cosmic" and "mystical" wibe to it's music. Maybe because of the moustache, maybe not, but it's still there.
The sound waves would hold these chains up in the air while the band avoided the meathooks (which are on 37% of the chains).

Bulldozer at the end. Everyone would be surprised and Mendez drinks some beer.
I still stand 100% behind this. That's the only way to make a music video for Opeth.

I thought the Harvest video was pretty cool, but not every video can be the guys playing ping pong, or riding in elevators. They could do videos from Damnation. If they do anymore, they should stay away from showing the band at all. Some bands just shouldn't do videos i.e. Metallica. (Have you seen the Enter Sandman video?) Opeth videos would either be the best thing ever, or a horrible disaster. I would prefer not to find out.

MasterOLightning said:
Some bands just shouldn't do videos i.e. Metallica. (Have you seen the Enter Sandman video?) Opeth videos would either be the best thing ever, or a horrible disaster. I would prefer not to find out.

Hehe, the semi-truck hitting the bed was pretty cool...pointless but cool :p

If they did have a video, I could see a live type video (in concert) that's about it.

Matt
Cama_Zotz said:
Do you think Opeth should make music videos soon or later in their career? A question that has crossed some peoples mind.

but come on!
video doesnt mean they r mainstream

WHAT ABOUT EMPEROR'S EMPTY?
fucking awesome video clip and that didnt make em mainstream....
i don think... ( : P )

opeth doing something like TOOL/NIN/Emperor video clip would be cool
Satyricon has a video clip (fuel for hatred) but that doesnt make em mainstream

opeth doing something like TOOL/NIN/Emperor video clip would be cool
Yuck :puke:There are lots of music videos from lots of not-so-mainstream metal bands that are 1000th times better than tool/nin and those kind of bands.

Satyricon has a video clip (fuel for hatred) but that doesnt make em mainstream
Like I said before, I can give u names of bands that have videos that aren't mainstream and are really good ones.
My Dying Bride, Moonspell, Paradise Lost, Amorphis, Type O' Negative, Tiamat, and so on and so on.
For me one of the best videos ever made from a metal band is from My Dying Bride, the music is Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium.
The video is just a truely reflection of the music. I recommend too a video from Paradise Lost, Forever Failure. Another must.

Reactions: ucsbdude
I think Opeth videos would be awesome - even if they were just the concert variety. But I believe they could transport their songs to mini-movie type videos.

They would either have to be very high budget to convey the power and the emotion of the song or would just end up being recordings of live performances... I get the impression its not economically viable for Opeth to do anything that would do their music justice.

Another band I love... cradle of filth... have done a few videos and more often than not they cheapen the song in question due to budget constraints... its probably not wise.

I have to agree with...

DoGUK said:
"They would have to be very high budget to convey the power and the emotion of the song..." <snip> "...I get the impression its not economically viable for Opeth to do anything that would do their music justice."

That was the first thought that crossed my mind as well.

TheFourthHorseman said:
"I'd want a video with a story, but they should've made one already for a My Arms song or Still Life..."

Yeah! If they made a video, I'd wish it to be (it'd be expensive to be good) a Still Life's story. I think it would make a dramaticly wicked tale in video with the music.

I think 'Windowpane' would make a good video. It could have a 'blank face' looking at someone..and they get an odd feeling, and the video just follows just what the song says. When Mikael isn't singing it could be showing the band playing.
A few songs on 'Damnation' could be like that. They all tell a little story about a feeling.

It sounds a pretty good idea... though, it should not be played on tv. It should be like a video/movie album on DVD. It would be very interesting to see what they could come up with.