Does Anyone Else?

I've only made a very few mp3s from my CDs. I don't have a portable mp3 player, and I can listen to CDs on my computer if I really want to (though I have a really good stereo that I generally use), so I can't really see the point, unless I wanted to specifically share a song with someone.

Kushantaiidan, I'm not sure I got your meaning clear. Are you saying you have to make mp3s of the songs on your CDs to be able to lisen to them at home?

Towelie, do you listen to them as mp3s rather than listening to the original CDs? And if you do, do you notice a difference in sound quality?

Originally posted by llamaura
I've only made a very few mp3s from my CDs. I don't have a portable mp3 player, and I can listen to CDs on my computer if I really want to (though I have a really good stereo that I generally use), so I can't really see the point, unless I wanted to specifically share a song with someone.

Kushantaiidan, I'm not sure I got your meaning clear. Are you saying you have to make mp3s of the songs on your CDs to be able to lisen to them at home?

Towelie, do you listen to them as mp3s rather than listening to the original CDs? And if you do, do you notice a difference in sound quality?

Firstly, if the music is ripped properly and the ripper isn't a retard, then the music sounds exactly the same.

And yeah, I don't listen to CD's on the computer, because The graphic equalizer in winamp doesn't allow me to get the perfect sound. I have very good speakers on my computer, and even better ones on my girlfriends computer which sits next to mine. Both 5.1 set ups, so I listen to music there..

I have a small radio/ cd player in my room, but it is too tiny, good enough for goin to sleep to though.

And I can listen to cd's through the PS2 in the lounge room, but the t.v speakers, though reasonable, aren't quite good enough.

So yeah, I have to rip[ them to listen to them...

I promised my self I get around to start ripping my CD collection, once I'd sorted my collection already on me computer. Un/fortunately I've got MP3's coming out my ass at the moment, so I'll have to wait. Suffice to say I'm working on it.......

Well I rip most of my CDs since I have connected the one line-out of my pc to the line-in of my stereo and the other line-out to a pair of small speaker - so when I listen to mp3s on my PC I have 4-speaker-surround sound whereas I only have two speakers when I listen to CDs in my stereo :D

Of course I don't.

What kind of a dork do you think I am?

I play my c.ds on a big fucking stereo, through an amplifier, and out the 3 1/2 foot speakers.

(Until the weekend when my house mates move out.....)

My Poota is connected to AN amp and stereo..... but not THE amp and stereo.......it's a really old stereo, but a good one!

I have my pc in my stereo, gives me a remote for the volume, tape recording advantage, and mainly line out ability to plug it into my 65watts guitar amp, and blast away the whole fucking house!

Yeah, we do. It's been like this for over a year, but we're all moving out in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure if we're going to hook them up again. We probably will, cause my friend has heaps of cool MP3's.

neeeeeed morrrrreeeeee hardddddd driiiiiveeeee spaaaaaaaaceeeeee ..........

actually i tend to use computer to listen to new and different music, while listening to my favourite CDs on stereos and such, works out quite well, otherwise id listen to opeth 24/7

Does a P150 with 32MB ram and a 2D video card with a (Full) 40GIG HD sound like a contradiction in terms...... I'm not actually posting here from a computer so much as I'm posting to you from an OVERSIZED MP3 PLAYER. How lame is that..... On second thought don't answer that.

i usually download my albums before i buy them so there's no need to rip them...if i hadn't d/led it than i probably would anyway coz my comp isn't in my bedroom so i would hafta walk back and forth....it also allows me to make mixed playlists

from time to time i rip some whole cds, but apart from that, no. anyways i have my laptop connected to the hifi-system so i can listen to the downloaded stuff in decent quality. i'd rather copy my cds on cd-r for á car or a discman instead of having to listen to mp3 @ home. but it's good to have some decent music available while @ work and anywhere else.