Drumming in Deliverance...

Or agorophobic nosebleed? they use drum machines... although with wholly different aims than Opeth... ANB just tries to make the craziest sound imaginable so maybe that doesen't count... I think electric kits are cool... maybe the technology will continue to evolve so that they sound EXACTLY like real drums, as it is, many of us can tell the difference... but I have met quite a few drummers who like all of the options that electronic drums offer.

Yes the drumming in the other albums is not bad though, at least the bass drum. I tend to notice it a bit more with the 2000 watts I have on the 15 inch subwoofer in my jeep. In Deliverance though everything with the bass drums seemed so precise. The best thing though is to drive with this blasting away because usually people around my area with powerful stereos blast rap:( :(. Hopefully sooner then later I will be able to get new speakers so I can hear everything else much cleaner and louder then I can now.

Originally posted by Morningrise
It's "you're"
:lol:

This is fun! Notice how you actually started using capitals in your post, so my comment didn't affect you?

No,it didnt.

Next time you bash someones opinion, say "think" as you just did. AND you DID claim that it was wrong (no need, same difference) for him to be so picky. Matter is, you made it pretty clear that you thought it was wrong of him to state his opinion in that way. Heh, I could go on and on.

Once again,i think that he has let a small issue such as drum triggering come in the way of him fully appreciating Deliverance,which is an incredible album.And now you are changing your statement,saying that i claimed that his overall opinion is wrong.Well i do think that it has been brought down immensely by this trigger issue.But you first statement was:

Threak claimed that Fyhed was being arrogant, and wrong in his opinion on the drumming on Deliverance, and I was responding to that.

And like i said before,i dont think he is wrong about the drumming on Deliverance,like YOU first stated and which in turn forced you to make the above reply,in which you claim i said something that i actually didnt.

I think your a dumbass, but it's not gonna let my opinion of the forum go down. Is that wrong?
It is called an opinion, that is the whole point.

Yes,that would be stupid actually.Because i am only one user.

But if something is just an opinion,then why did you get so worked up about my opinion of an opinion,in the first place?

Just because something is a great piece of work dosn't mean he can't comment on something he dislikes about it.

Well,just because Fyhed has great drum knowledge,does'nt mean i cant comment on something that i think is a bit warped about his overall opinion of Deliverance.

Why dont you go train to be a psychiatrist or something.

:rolleyes:

I guess someone could ask one of them. Lopez is definitely that even, but the volume sounds too tight. Listen to any other album with him, the bass fades in and out a little and there are sharp hits and softer hits.

It seems both of our original statements have become relatively warped throughout the course of this arguement. And it would be pointless for me to repeat everything as I have said before. But if you think I am backing away then let me know and I will surely repeat my opinions (something your not very good at giving) again.

Yes Lopez's drumming on deliverance is superb and I'm very fond of his performance on the album. Of course like the majority on here have said, it is obvious that the drums especially the bass drums have been processed. They just sound that way not so much everything that hit hits with his arms but more so the bass drum execution, but hey this type of bass drum sound was required for an album that demands a sound with lots of drive and energy and this explains why the band chose such a production.

I'm sure on Mayh, Still Life and blackwater Park the band wanted a natural sound and thats why the drums sound the way they do I figure during the time period before releasing Mayh Opeth wanted to move away from that overly processed sound that is very apparent on Orchid and Morningrise( more in refernece to the drums) and the result is what you hear on Mayh,Still Life and Blackwater Park.

Originally posted by Morningrise
It seems both of our original statements have become relatively warped throughout the course of this arguement. And it would be pointless for me to repeat everything as I have said before. But if you think I am backing away then let me know and I will surely repeat my opinions (something your not very good at giving) again.

Nah,i understand.It was a cool discussion anyway.And it seemed like alot of people here liked reading it:lol: .

But anyway,i dont think your dumb,you stood your ground incredibly well.I dont think either one of us won anyway.We just both brought up relevant points.;)

wha..?

a resolution, a peaceful resolution on the Opeth forum??

..the armageddon is indeed near.

--

Martin's drumming seemed pretty bang-on when I saw them in Toronto. While I was up front I watched his feet moving and it's pretty damn tight. Triggers or not, he's a a damn good drummer and I have nothing but respect for him.

Nah,i understand.It was a cool discussion anyway.And it seemed like alot of people here liked reading it .

But anyway,i dont think your dumb,you stood your ground incredibly well.I dont think either one of us won anyway.We just both brought up relevant points.

Well put *shakes hands* I think it was mostly a series of misinterpretations. :)

Goddamn arguments. Waste of time.
I'm going to have to argue against that...heh

Originally posted by threak
Nah,i understand.It was a cool discussion anyway.And it seemed like alot of people here liked reading it:lol: .

The funny thing was that after reading it all I still couldn't figure out exactly what you were arguing about...:lol:

Guess it was an argument for the sake or arguing...lacked any real point.