Does anyone here actually like Mike Moore?

Dec 27, 2004
I literally can't fathom how anyone, left or right, could possibly respect Michael Moore, and especially can't believe anyone could actually LIKE him.

i enjoyed bowling for columbine, he is kind of annoying though

i can't/won't/don't read or watch much political stuff these days, it's all crap.

while makes the occasional good point or interesting observation he's pretty much a shithead.

and agreed with cthulhu, tv news especially is crap but a lot of independent productions suck too. they think they have to add slow motion and midi music in a minor key to every scene to have an impact, when they should be concentrating on substance.

"Fuck all these small businesses - fuck 'em all! Bring in the chains. The small businesspeople are the rednecks that run the town and suppress the people. Fuck 'em all. That's how I feel."

umm, i seem to recall him speaking out quite a bit against walmart, that...er...noted small business

not to get into an argument with you about him, but that's not exactly what makes him an ass

cthulufhtagn said:
umm, i seem to recall him speaking out quite a bit against walmart, that...er...noted small business

not to get into an argument with you about him, but that's not exactly what makes him an ass

Yea, its exactly what makes him an ass. You just gave a perfect example of how hes a hypocrite + asshole.

k, i really haven't read or watched much of his stuff, as i again don't really care for politics anymore

burn it all down and start again i say...no never mind, scratch the second part

I like his movies.

He's a bit of a putz, but eh, at least he's consistently whacked out.

Mormagil said:
and agreed with cthulhu, tv news especially is crap

When I went to the US I was absolutely amazed with the skewed outlook of your TV news. It was really eye opening; here all news has to be impartial, if it isn't they get sued, and the same news stories were completely different over there.

For example the Iranian PM was described there as a tyranical despot, who was entirely without the support of his people. Here he'd never be allowed to be called tyrannical, a despot, or any other such emotive name in the news, and the truth is that he does actually have a lot of support in Iran, otherwise he wouldn't have been voted in.

cthulufhtagn said:
k, i really haven't read or watched much of his stuff, as i again don't really care for politics anymore

burn it all down and start again i say...no never mind, scratch the second part

I am burn down the world
I am going to tear down everything that cannot stand alone
I am going to turn ideals to shit
I am going to reduce everything that stands to rubble
and then I am going to burn the rubble
and then I am going to scatter the ashes
and then maybe, someone will be able to see something to believe in.

[/destroyer666]

BBC news is on PBS here (for those of us who dont have cable) and we try to watch it before retiring for the evening. US news and especially local shit is terrible. damn, i sound like an old man.

Pyrus said:
He's a twit personally, but a very adept propagandist and says things that need to be heard.

Seconded, my biggest problem with him would be that he's a self-promoter in love with his own voice...no more egregious and hypocritical than some of the propaganda merchants on the other side, that much is certain.