does anyone here have listened to "the drapery falls radio edit"?

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
it sounds like what? i mean, what's the difference from the full one? it's like that low quality sample that MFN gave us, finishing around 5:05 with a fade out effect?

How can one safely cut out more than half of a song and still claim it's the song? Radio edits of songs that are normally 7+ minutes in length (take Tool - Lateralus for example) are horrible.

I think that they just do the first 5 minutes of the song.... and completely stop at the part where things get heavy.... so its quite pointless, it's not even the same song that way.... the thing that makes the song so brilliant is the progressions to the heavy parts....

yeah i've heard it. it came on a Metal Hammer cd ages ago. it fades out at the point of ''ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ahahaha...'' a tiny bit before the growls kick in. thats the only difference.

I didn't know that it was just a sample when I heard it, so when I got the album, I saw it was like 10 minutes and was pleasantly surprised at the second half.

I hear about a radio edit for the first time now. Is that an officially released thing, or is it merely a fade out version made by an incompetent asshole dj, that didn't want to reserve more time in his show for opeth?
:mad:

Yeah ive heard it too. I downloaded it thinking it was the full thing, this is when I had just got into Opeth, and hadnt heard little to nothing of BWP, and when I got the album, I didnt know what the fuck was going on when I heard the full version of it. :lol:

\m/

I still hate MFN for being so retarded and putting up that sample before the release of Blackwater Park. At that time I thought now that Opeth were signed to MFN, the label made them record 'more accessible' music; in other words, I thought they skipped the growls or something like that. I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!! I mean, if you put up a sample, it's supposed to represent the rest of the material - and because there was only soft & mellow music, I got the impression that this was Opeth's new style... (I guess you can imagine how pissed off I was...)

BTW: I still haven't bought Blackwater Park...maybe only because of that. It's the only Opeth album I don't own. :p yeah, MFN really blows.