Does anyone use Windows Vista with success?

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi
Does anyone of you regularly use Windows Vista 64bit?
I remember that Gavin use windows vista and sonar.
Post your impressions! (advantage, disadvantage, improved/not improved performance, problem with "not daw" using, etc...)
Thank you

I went back to XP after issues with other software.

To be honest, there is generally fuck all advantage over XP 32bit.

That said, Son ar is coded to access both cores and process at 64bit even in 32bit windows.

Leave it be for a wee while.

i just have problems with drivers in vista with my m-audio delta card...(((

There are so many bad things about Vista out on the Internet I wouldn't even consider switching to it any time soon. I'm terrified to think about what will happen when my PC craps out and I have to get a new one with Vista.

My XP PTLE/Digi 001 combo works so well I'm not touching it until my PC dies.

^ of course it's the internet, so...

I can say that most of what I read about the dangers of Vista have turned out to be nothing, at least for what I do.

My Vista loaded laptop is turning out to be more stable than my XP Pro dektop system. Both are using the exact same software/hardware for recording purposes. My desktop is a 3GHz pentium 4 with 1 GB ram, my laptop is a Core 2 Duo t5200 with 2GB RAM. Even with the behemoth that is Vista and all the "bad stuff" it still outperforms my Desktop by a large margin. For me, I couldn't be happier...Well, the Firepod XP driver I was using with Vista seems to be more stable than the actual Vista driver is, but it's not a big deal.

^ of course it's the internet, so...

I can say that most of what I read about the dangers of Vista have turned out to be nothing, at least for what I do.

My Vista loaded laptop is turning out to be more stable than my XP Pro dektop system. Both are using the exact same software/hardware for recording purposes. My desktop is a 3GHz pentium 4 with 1 GB ram, my laptop is a Core 2 Duo t5200 with 2GB RAM. Even with the behemoth that is Vista and all the "bad stuff" it still outperforms my Desktop by a large margin. For me, I couldn't be happier...Well, the Firepod XP driver I was using with Vista seems to be more stable than the actual Vista driver is, but it's not a big deal.

What problems were you having with the Vista driver? Mine works fine, except when using winamp... If you pause it, you need to restart the firepod and close out of winamp.... But thats about the only problem I've had... And the stupid sync error red light of death problem is nonexistent in Vista:kickass:

i kinda went outta my way recently to get a new PC with XP because i'd heard some bad things about vista (things that are typical of a relatively new OS) and i've got software worth more than my pc so didn't wanna risk it not working

kinda sucks because i could've gotten a better deal had i went with a vista system...o well; after going from my laptop (1.2 gig processor, 256 mb ram, 30 gig hard drive) to my new pc (athlon 3800 duo core, 2 gig ram, 160 gig hard drive, 19" flat panel) i can't complain about much

What problems were you having with the Vista driver? Mine works fine, except when using winamp... If you pause it, you need to restart the firepod and close out of winamp.... But thats about the only problem I've had... And the stupid sync error red light of death problem is nonexistent in Vista:kickass:

Well, it's only happened a few times. But it looks like the audio should be playing from Nuendo, but there is no sound and none of the meters show any sign of audio. I just unplug and replug the firewire cable and restart Nuendo and it's fine.

Also, when this happens I get no red light, the light is still blue, so I don't know what's going on.

When I used the XP drivers, it never did this. I'm wondering if it's just something I'm doing or have done.

Well, it's only happened a few times. But it looks like the audio should be playing from Nuendo, but there is no sound and none of the meters show any sign of audio. I just unplug and replug the firewire cable and restart Nuendo and it's fine.

Also, when this happens I get no red light, the light is still blue, so I don't know what's going on.

When I used the XP drivers, it never did this. I'm wondering if it's just something I'm doing or have done.

yeah that's kinda what my Winamp and Windows Media Player does.... Probably a problem with the Presonus driver... Do us all a favor and send them a bug report, I've sent the same one about 50times, hopefully they get the idea and fix it....

Weird that it works fine with Reaper for me though... I should reinstall SX3 and see if it does it there too.

I know a few guys running SAW with no issues on Vista, but I ain't touching it with a 10 foot pole. ...Not at least until the second service pack comes out.

BTW, I hear MS is putting out Service Pack 3 for XP. I guess Vista isn't selling like they were hoping for. ..I wonder why? Perhaps all the DRM shit they put in it?

they are making SP3 not because of bad vista sellings - that what they allways do - releasing new OS and making the last SP of previous product

the vista looks great, is really comfortable. but i can't use it - because there is no drivers for my card) hehe - so im waiting for them

I know a few guys running SAW with no issues on Vista, but I ain't touching it with a 10 foot pole. ...Not at least until the second service pack comes out.

BTW, I hear MS is putting out Service Pack 3 for XP. I guess Vista isn't selling like they were hoping for. ..I wonder why? Perhaps all the DRM shit they put in it?

That DRM stuff has had absolutely 0 impact on anything I've done on my computer. Also, many were saying to disable the UAC (User Account Control) and that it does all these bad things to your computer. But, I've found that I have to have the UAC on for some of my plugins to work properly...And, with the UAC on, I get flawless performance from the machine.

My experience with Vista - driver aside, which is still negligble - has been nothing but smooth. I can't help but think those who clamor against it are "the sky's falling!" kind of people. Maybe in the future something will rear it's ugly head, but for me, my laptop has been a solid and reliable recording tool.

Vista is nice. I really liked it, but after a week I got back to XP because many hardware and software that I use aren´t compatible with Vista yet (for example, the MIDI-USB device that I use to connect my e-drums).
Check if all the hardware and software that you want to use is supported by Vista. If so, them I think it´s better than XP.

Anyway, there´s nothing you can do in Vista that you can´t do in XP, but Vista giant icons are pure eye candy :)