Does Jason Rullo use one kick drum or two?

What is the difference in sound/tone, and technique between one bass drum and two bass drums?

For some reason it looks odd to have one bass drum and a double kick pedal...but whatever works, it's all good.

IMO, a single bassdrum with a doublepedal is better. Your options with the kit, and how the hi-hat is placed (the distance from the hi-hat to the snare) is much more comfortable with only one bassdrum.
Still, two bassdrums looks really cool! :D

I have to admit that I was much more in to the Purple Monster (color, design, allover look) then The Siamese Monster.
I remember how big i thought The Purple Monster was, and the Siamese Monster...! :loco: To be continued.........

Snowmaker said:
I just want to know how he reaches the pedal. :D I was shocked at how short he was standing next to him, but DAMN can he play!!

I can't wait!! A week and a half until the Detroit show!!

Portnoy has 3 bass drums on his kit.

But portnoy doesn't play triple bass. I'm sure there's 3 bass drums for tonal quality or something.

[/QUOTE]But portnoy doesn't play triple bass. I'm sure there's 3 bass drums for tonal quality or something.
The reason he has 3 bass drums is because he has two sets, th big one with two bassdrums and a small one with a single bassdrum and doublepedal. He juse the little set for the old songs (to re-catch the spirit from the old song), I think he uses the little set on As I Am!

Actually, the difference between one bass drum + double pedal/ two bass drums + 2 single pedals is quite big. When using a double pedal, the left pedal (slave) is a bit harder to use, due to the fact that it is not directly connected to the beater. This is why you don't see people doing extended death metal passages on a double pedal, seeing as it makes it a bit harder to synchronize both feet properly.

yes i agree this guy is tiny, but it doesn't take away from this playing at all he fucking rulez!!! Actually the first time i saw him he was using two, but yeah on this tour hes only using one. And let me say that his Vic set is one of the nicest ive ever seen