Dominant band 1990-96

Depends what you mean by "dominant."

If you mean purely by success, then it's STILL Metallica. While I personally don't care for the music they released during those years, they DID sell a bazillion records, and toured the world 3x over, selling out 50,000+ stadiums the entire time.

No other metal band even comes remotely close.

Carcass, Entombed, At the Gates, and In Flames' best work.

black metal pretty much hit its peak during that period, as well.

I don't know why people are saying Darkthrone, Carcass and so on. How can they be called "dominant" in the same way that Pantera can be argued as dominant? I think the thread starter was thinking of dominant as in biggest and most popular, in which case none of these bands people are mentioning can claim to challenge Pantera (except Metallica).

one with misery said:
i think sepultura because arise-chaos a.d-roots are really classical albums and they effected a lot of band.they ruled.

how about no....those last two suck and they influenced alot of shitty nu-metal bands that we could have done without

well for me back then was deicide,carcass,morbid angel,cannibal,suffocation etc. as far as the mainstream-sucked as usual(big surprise).

Metallica would have to be the band that dominated in terms of profit

But im going to have to say Death: Spiritual healing, Human, Individual thought patterns, Symbolic \m/.

Who released the most albums during those 7 years?
I'm not saying more albums = BETTER
I Just want to know who...

EVH316 said:
I was having this discussion recently with some people that insisted Pantera were the dominant metal band between 1990-96.

Now, I can't cop that shit so who was the dominant metal band in your opinions?
MORBID ANGEL:devil: