Donnie Darko directors cut

S

Sentient6

Seattle is the only city in the US showing it in theaters. If you loved this movie you are going to freak out when you see this. The ending makes complete sense now and it pretty much blew me away. We talked about it for maybe 3 hours after it was over and saw more and more the whole time, there are so many small things in this that you don't understand until the mind boggling brainfuck ending. Fucking brilliant filmaking, go see it

:yell:

well well aren't you special :p

i think i remember hearing its full theatrical release is in july, so maybe not too much longer until i can see it......

The Pimp is a monsterous fan of Donnie Darko and has seen it dozens of times, so what is so special 'bout this Director's Cut?
Are things changed or does it merely have the scenes that were edited out but placed on the DVD extras?
The Pimp is curious.

DAMN YOU, SEATTLE PEOPLE. You with your big-screen Donnie Darko and top-of-the-line heroin and...

...well, that's really about it. ;)

Looking forward to seeing this if they do the full theatrical release; if not, I'm sure some small theatre like the Clay or the Red Vic will pick it up.

The director's cut includes previously edited scenes, but he also recut the whole film to fit his original vision, meaning it's a different film in terms of pacing and sequence.

if anything there's some independant theater in DC that used to be hardcore into donnie darko a year or 2 ago, i have a feeling they'd definitely be ones to get the director's cut. It would just be nice not have to drive an hour to see it....

but man , i seriously want to see this.

put in on the want to watch FILMZ
note pad thanks...mr D
ok

ANYONE SEEN TRAVELLING BIRDS YET???

that movie is so awesome...definitely one of my top favorites

I had the privilege of seeing A Clockwork Orange on the big screen at the local old time theater in town