Don't look at me, you won't like what you see

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I haven't been able to stop listening to the song "Look Away" from "Wounded" lately... for a long time, the lush "Pure" was my favorite song from "Wounded"... but I think "Look Away" may have taken that position now... this song has so much tension... such despair... some gloom... the lyrics are beautiful and are easy to relate to... I think everyone... at some point... wants others to look away... and not see the faults, the ugliness, the imperfections that we have...

Ted really gives this song such a feeling of desperation... when he sings "Look awaaaaaaaaay"... he sounds so distant... so hopeless... so weak... it's awesome...

...and the music is so eerie... yet beautiful... the acoustic guitar... the interesting bass parts... and Doug's gorgeous and heart-shredding solos...

this song is really a masterpiece...

Thanks Enchant... for making this song that has affected me deeply

How is Wounded? I need to figure out what my next Enchant purchase will be, as of right now I only have Juggling, Blink, and Time Lost. What should I get next?

OH YES MAN!

This is such a beautiful and amazing song that mix melody, feeling, shredding instruments.

When I first listened the Wounded album as you, I loved "Pure" because it´s lyrics represents a momment in my life.

But after reading all the album lyrics "Look Away" represents my current momment. ;(

But life goes on! ;)

In fact my favorite lyris of all is "What to say", deeply perfect.

I have severe problems with Enchant. Not that their music isn't any good, but the fact (opinion!) that I think their music is so similar. Many, many of their songs sounds the same...

Except:

My Enemy off Break. This song is their best, and undoubtedly one of the best songs ever written.

Collapse Generation said:
I have severe problems with Enchant. Not that their music isn't any good, but the fact (opinion!) that I think their music is so similar. Many, many of their songs sounds the same...

Except:

My Enemy off Break. This song is their best, and undoubtedly one of the best songs ever written.
I do respect your point of view, although I dont agree with it.
Lets talk about for instance, Thrist, Open Eyes, Catharsys, Look Away, Bellow Zero, Missing, King, New Moon, Prognosys... for me, all have different elements, melody, meanings, and even feelings that makes each of them songs different.

In fact similarity is a very complex word. ;)

By the Way, Pain of Salvation is a very special and awesome band, I do love them. they are as special as Enchant and Dream Theater are for me:):):)

I think Look Away is awesome, too. Actually I think that every mellower 'ballad' type
wink.gif
that Enchant has written are awesome. Come on Acquaintance, Look Away, Pure, Surrounded, What to Say, Ultimate Gift are simply just incredible melodic songs. Hopefully, #7 will produce another Enchant classic in the same vein.

Almost all band's songs start sounding similar unless they completely change their musical style. You say Enchant suffers from that, but I think POS is the same. I found Remedy Lane to be a bit weak, b/c of the same reasons. Heard it already. U2 changed their style and it sounded very different, but the POP MART era tunes sucked. Everyone gravitates toward liking a particular style and sound. Enchant doing lounge tunes would be awesome, though, or better yet a free form Jazz Odyssey CD. 'Ed Platt wrote this'
headbob.gif

Jim

I don't think Pain of Salvation or Enchant have songs that sound the same. They're both brilliant bands with incredible diversity of material.

Collapse Generation said:

Except:

I understand you, Collapse Generation, as my first Enchant experiences were very similar. But after some more listenings everything changed. The songs grew on me and I began to hear all the differences. It isn't easy to really like Enchant, you have to give them the chance and you'll see.

Anyway, I agree with you on My Enemy. It's one of the best songs Enchant have ever written and my fave off Break. However, that album includes many great songs: Break, Defenseless, The Cross... Actually, I love them all :)

Djöfull said:
stop praising Enchant! you´ll make me buy all their albums:tickled:

Well once you buy one your gonna be hooked. You will feel the need to want more and knowing that there are still albums out there that you don't own will keep you craving. :) So I'm looking forward to the new release.

But to stick to the subject here, wounded was my first album and I immediately loved the lyrics and the emotion in the music.
My favourite then was Fade to grey. I think Ted's vocals appeal very much to me. They really interact with the music.

Wouter