Don't tell Matt....

RonKFish

Dec 9, 2004
Alexandria or Austin?
... but I bought a 5-String Czech Spector yesterday. Pics posted soon. If I get the thing set up right, I might not look like a bass with a guy strapped to it at the next show.

I've been curious about those. I had one of the old Kramer-made NS-1's, which had a pretty kick-ass tone, even though it had no-name pickups, rather than EMGs. After I got a Jackson bass, I traded the Spector for a Carvin V220 that was a lot more beat-up than the seller represented...took a bath on that one, actually. :(

Spectors seem to have a very distinctive tone. I liked the tone of your Carvin, actually, which is a lot more than I can say for their guitars.

Thanks Chris, I think the grey Carvin still kicks a lot of ass. I was really looking for a smaller bodied bass for travelling, cause work's been sending all over the place. So, I'd been searching for steinbergers and saw that Spector for $800. Had to just grab it, as to whether I'll become a convert or not will be determined over the next 2 months or so. Sad to say though, that I'm using an instrument with a $2400 list price as my beater bass...