Doom metal

Killerah

Sep 28, 2005
Any of you guys like Doom metal? It seems to be making a comeback. I really dig Pallbearer's 2 albums and Yob's Clearing The Path to Ascend. I also used to listen to Virgin Black before I knew they were considered doom metal, they have a pretty nice sound.

This new band Crypt Sermon is pretty good too: http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2...-choice-crypt-sermon-will-of-the-ancient-call

Anyway, I like doom metal. Any other doom metalheads out there?

I have a very small doom collection that basically consists of Solitude Aeturnus and Veni Domine (if you count them as doom). I like them both (in fact Veni Domine is one of my favorites), but I find that those bands have been sufficient to scratch my doom metal itch. Crypt Sermon sounds decent. I may have to check out their album. Thanks for the heads up on that release.

I bought "Exhumed of the Earth" by Australian doom metal band Paramæcium shortly before I discovered Theocracy. One album was enough to get this out of my system.

Just came across this band called "Hammers of Misfortune" while looking at some doom bands. They describe them as being progressive. They have an interesting mix of doom with a hint of progressive.

Last edited by a moderator: