Doomcifer did indeed describe the delightfulness of Deadbird.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Use this thread for the discussion of alliteration and Deadbird.

Deadbird is a great doomcore band. Kind of like Neurosis, Electric Wizard, and Warhorse combined. What's up with all this hate from Arkansas? Rwake and Deadbird combined make Arkansas seem like a very hateful, depressing, and brutal state to live in.

10 points to the person with the longest alliterized sentence.:err:

Dude, I keep on telling motherfuckers for the last year to check out this band, especially the people I KNOW will dig it. Fuckers don't wanna listen though.

You know what though? FUCK 'EM!! Their loss.

Deadbird = :kickass:

"I've been told by Chris Barnes that I move around more than a U-Haul. I guess he's right, but when I moved back to Arkansas from Kansas City, I had the best surprise waiting on me that I could ever hope for... This album, by Deadbird. My ol' friend Chuck Schaff had sent it to me, as it's his newest band. Now, some of you may know of Chuck through Rwake fame (if you'd call it that). He plays guitar on Rwakes' Hell is a Door to the Sun, and recorded/mixed that album. Anyway, I was pretty excited to read through the letter and then the press release.... And I must say, I wasn't expecting a whole lot when I popped the CD in.

Fucking Shit. I do believe, in all honesty (and I'm not just saying this because Chuck is a friend of mine... all bullshit aside), that I immediately got my head bashed in with a ten ton audio mallet. My one SINGLE solitary gripe with the album was that it's mixed a little bit funky, it's kind of muddy at times, but I've since gotten used to it and now love it. Chuck is the master of stereo panning. Basically, vaguely imagine a mix between Isis and Neurosis, but less vocals. Is your pussy wet yet? Is your cock creaming? I shit you not.. Watch these boys hard, because they're gonna be coming up quick. They've got the talent, AND the know-how. Careful, ladies, don't stand too close to the speakers... it could get you pregnant just listening."

- Scott Southard

Nate The Great said:
I realize that nobody knows what alliteration is, and that's why they aren't responding to this thread. Sorry Doomcifer, I tried my best.

I'm enjoying Deadbird right now, as a matter of fact. I simply ignored Doomcifer's, matt99_crew's, and your recommendations. Shame on me. :erk:

Nate The Great said:
I realize that nobody knows what alliteration is, and that's why they aren't responding to this thread. Sorry Doomcifer, I tried my best.
hahahaha

any seductively sexual samples of this deadbird?

Nate The Great said:
I realize that nobody knows what alliteration is, and that's why they aren't responding to this thread.

The RC forum auto-filter hides posts containing the word "Rwake".

EDIT: except when in "speech marks". :loco:

Demonspell said:
www.myspace.com/deadbird - a review of their album was also posted on metalreview.com today.
I was just about to provide a link for this. I've had a hell of a case of writers block, so bear with me.
http://www.metalreview.com/viewreview.aspx?ID=1937

Deadbird is pretty kickass I must say. Same goes for Minsk. More recommendations along those lines?
My review mentions several similar '05 releases. Some have gotten a lot of attention, but of those that have flown a little under the radar, Abandon's In Reality We Suffer would have to be my favorite. You can find a review for that at MR as well.

Edit: And that Minsk album is HIGHLY recommended. Just saw the band play live and there were about 10 people paying attention. That won't be the case next time.

Deadbird's dastardly dosage of doom destroys my disposition. I've kicked up The Head and the Heart a couple times this week and have been thoroughly uprooted by the core spirited doom which is drowned in production shitty enough for the most uber bedroom black metal outfit. I'm currently sifting through tracks from their '08 follow up, damn good stuff.