Doomcifer, yuo = teh winnar

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
The CD-R pack I received from you yesterday qualifies for "best CD-R package EVAR", I've hardly listened to much else since receiving it. Quick thoughts:

Belenos "Spicilège"
WINNER. Only heard some random MP3 samples by this band before, but this time it very much clicked. Reminds me of other French bands like Himinbjörg and Nehëmah... Those acoustics and clean chants are awesome. Pagan metal like this is the win, as you know, this is right up my alley...

Lunar Aurora "Zyklus"
Another COMPLETE WINNER, I'm pondering whether this or Belenos is the bigger winner. Again, completely up my alley -- long fucking songs (4 song concept album,) atmosphere-based riffing, great stuff. Wonder why I haven't listened to the people talking about this band before.

Nocte Abducta "Nektar: Teil 1"
Not as immediate as the above two, while I can tell that this is definitely quality stuff as well (fucking epic in scope like the above, if not more) it might need a few more listens to unravel its true qualities. Intriguing stuff to be sure

Pagan Altar "Volume 1"
...and this is another utter fucking winner... 1982, sounds like 1972. I love the raw production for one, I love the singer's voice, very much not metal but rules twentytwo ways to Wednesday. There's NO way I would have thought that this was anything but a 70's release if I was asked without knowing... Killer stuff. Again, you know exactly what rocks my socks, this is one the type of things I've been getting into more lately, with Pentagram, Witchfinder General and friends... This is possibly the best of the bunch so far.

Catacombs, Hierophant, the Rev Bizarre bonus CD and Decemberance I have not listened enough to to give a decent opinion yet. Sounds just dandy so far though, with the exception that the ride cymbal sound on Decemberance makes my brain hurt. Anyhoo, there is not one CD of the bunch that makes me go "meh" or even ":yuk:" -- nor anything I've heard before -- which is a major feat to pull off. Major cheers for this package.

Usually when Doo-sniffer sends me a package it takes me 3 days to peel off all the tape, let alone listen to everything. :Spin:

Would I like Reverend Bizarre?

Fucking AWESOME! Thanks a lot for the feedback. I hope others that read this thread will check into the above mentioned bands as well, as they rule. :kickass:

I don't know if you have heard of Wolfswinter, but I found out about the band a day or two after I sent out the package and it has been ruling my world since. Extremely good pagan-ish black metal that have a knack for utilizing the bass guitar like champs. It is currently making my dick rise.

One Inch Man said:
Usually when Doo-sniffer sends me a package it takes me 3 days to peel off all the tape, let alone listen to everything. :Spin:

Would I like Reverend Bizarre?
If you didn;t go apeshit for RB, you, my friend, are gay. That simple.

Oh, and like I said, Goddess of Doom on the bonus RB cd is the best doom anthem of all-fucking-time. Towards the end/middle when he starts naming off all the doom bands and kneeling at their altar for spreading doom, blah blah, it gives me chills. Not to mention the brief kickass bass solo to close the song. FUCKIN A!!!

Erik, I'm kind of interested in both Lunar Aurora and Nocte Abducta (and perhaps Belenos after reading that description), but I'm having trouble finding them on DC. Could you perhaps send me some of it via DC/ICQ? :]

Erik , you would like FAR more all the other Belenos releases :)
Zyklus rules , I've just received it :headbang: