Greatest fucking day in the world.

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Okay. I got two things in the mail today:

1) a package from Erik including a Nasheim LP and a CD-R
2) a letter from John Haughm

First off- there is a new Nasheim track on this CD-R. While I obviously cannot share anything about it... just let me say that this is honestly some of the best music I have ever heard in my life (and I am not fucking kidding in any way). You guys have my total devoted hails. This is the main point of the thread- you guys will be shitting your pants when you hear this.

And about the letter, let's just say it ends with:

"Nice to hear "As Embers..." was such an inspiration. Your song "Hymn of the Wood" makes me want to write another album like "Pale Folklore"! Good stuff..."

edit: the other stuff on the CD-R rules too.

Well, I'm going to go masturbate. See you all later.

Thats really awesome Max, having people you admire speak so highly of your music is more gratifying than dozens of excellent reviews.
Cant wait to hear the new Nasheim stuff too. :kickass:

Dude this is indeed a fine day to die, and reading about both those news filled my soul with glee. I'm especially excited about the Nasheim stuff, I think we all know by now what inspired and well-crafted music our beloved Swedish arsehead is able to come up with. Here's to hoping for a top ten release!

Ellestin said:
Dude this is indeed a fine day to die, and reading about both those news filled my soul with glee. I'm especially excited about the Nasheim stuff, I think we all know by now what inspired and well-crafted music our beloved Swedish arsehead is able to come up with. Here's to hoping for a top ten release!

Probably #1 release.

lurch70 said:
Super news Max ... this is the second compliment from the Agalloch boys no?

:kickass:

Righto

Also- a lot of the stuff on this CD-R is Erik's as well. I hope he's learning to deal with the fact that he is a complete musical fucking genius successfully.

By the way, congrats Max. You'll be getting some $$$ soon to help brighten your day

MFJ said:
Your song "Hymn of the Wood" makes me want to write another album like "Pale Folklore"! Good stuff..."

So if they scrap this new album and release something as good as we all know they can do, we know who to thank.

BTW, I got that tape through ages ago Max. Thanks a lot! I'd have to agree with Haughm, good stuff!

Doom said:
So if they scrap this new album and release something as good as we all know they can do, we know who to thank.

BTW, I got that tape through ages ago Max. Thanks a lot! I'd have to agree with Haughm, good stuff!

So you're already prejudging an album you have yet to hear I see. :rolleyes:

Reign in Acai said:
So you're already prejudging an album you have yet to hear I see. :rolleyes:

Not really. I'm really looking forward to the new album, and it's easily my most anticipated album of the year. I just prefer the Pale Folklore style to anything else they've done since and so a return to that would suit me.