Double bass vs drums

BodomH8Breeder

Coolest Guy Ever
Apr 12, 2004
WA
What are the ad/disadvantages to using a double bass pedal such as Jaska uses over using 2 bass drums like 95% of all other metal drummers?

For me double bass pedal is easier to play, maybe because I am not so "big" guy. You can have your feet closer one to another which makes it playing easier.
And also I've never been for 2 bass drums too much. You can see so many drummers who have 2 bass drums just to show his set, how big it looks on stage...and then he rarely uses the 2nd bass drum. :rolleyes:
And at least I can play faster on double pedal :cool:

PS: Iron-Cobra rox :kickass:

actually there is 0 difference if you have the gear set straight.

For example: playing with 2 bassdrums and using the bassdrums to hold your toms basically SUCKS, cause you can't get a 100% comfortable position on your hihat/left bassdrum pedal (assuming you're right handed). If you use a rack to hold the toms (like a Gibraltar or something), that can be handled.

With a double pedal you also just have to stick it under the hihat mout :p

Anyway, if you have 2 single pedals configured right, you can get the same performance you get with 1 double pedal.

Mostly big drummers use 2 bassdrums simply cause they can afford it and it looks cooler :D :p

actually if i WERE a rich ass i'd have a damn iron cobra :p

i had a crappy drumset, that i joined with my bassplayer's drumset (actually his dad's, but anyway)
so i play with 2 bassdrums. And my left pedal is so broken and so piece of shit that the only person who can actually play it is me :lol:

i need an iron cobra :cry: