Drums....

Blake

ekalB
Aug 17, 2005
I'm planning on buying drums and I wanted to see how much it would costs if I got a drumset similar to Jaska's. The price totaled to almost 6 thousand dollars and theres no way im paying that much for drums. I just play the drums for fun and I dont need anything professional but I want them to sound good. I want inexpensive drums that sound good. Im pretty much buying them to play some of CoB's drum sequences in their songs or just messing around. Any suggestions?

Also, for dual bass, I will be using a dual bass pedal with one bass drum, not 2 bass drums.

2 toms, different sizes + the floor tom, bass drum + double bass pedal, 1 ride cymbal, 2 normal cymbals, different sizes, hi-hat. All you need for starters. Cymbals MUST be Zildjian :p

And don't forget the cowbell :D

but it has to be quality stuff though (if you want to expand and have a set like that eventually) or else you´ll have to replace everything before you can expand

double bass drum (TAMA), as cadalmord said 2 toms and a floor tom, a china, splash, ride, crash/ride, crash. HiHat. This will cost you a bit though!

COW BELL LMAO, WTF?

yeh again i agree with cadalmord you need Zildjian symbols, they are the best!

CadalMord said:
2 toms, different sizes + the floor tom, bass drum + double bass pedal, 1 ride cymbal, 2 normal cymbals, different sizes, hi-hat. All you need for starters. Cymbals MUST be Zildjian :p

And don't forget the cowbell :D

snare?

drum hardware is so fucking expensive. it's ungodly. Go with a pearl export series, they are good quality, and they are very well established. after that get into tama and the pricey, better brands.

be careful of pear expor bass drums, check the ply, it tends to come off and wrinkle over the shell (it happened to me 3 times, and i exchanged it 3 times) get a basic 5 piece set, two rack toms, floor tom, bass drumm and a good snare. there is a lot of specials on pearl export in most stores. hardware and cymballs is what will kill you. i play on zildijan zxt and zbt cymballs, but i am a huge fan of paiste, i would anything to have them. if you don't know how to paly get a basik set of cymballs, hi-hats, crash, and a ride, and expand from there.

i have almost no cymbals, and the ones i have are either crappy and old, or orion cymbals, which is a good-but-cheap kind of brand we have here in brazil :p

i gotta get an extra crash, a china and at least 2 splashes to even start considering my drumkit near something i wanted :p

I pretty much know exactly what I want, but I want to make sure export is the way to go. Anyone know much about Premier drums?