Download Festival Live Streaming

Yeah, I can't help but chuckle at the reaction these American redneck yokels are getting from a bunch of suave, sophisticated Europeans :D

really? haha

i just went to for the one day yesterday, some bands had better sound than others. I actually didnt mind limp bizkit at all, durst aside, there is some awesome musicians in that band, and the drummer alone is interesting enough to watch. opeth had pretty horrible sound, played quite a heavy set, kind of got the impression they didnt want to be there.....

killswitch were great, adam d is awesome. new song didnt click with me as much as the others though.

meshuggah were pretty good, although for at least the first half of the set i thought the guitars were way too quiet.

Yeah, I guess my mind is too simple, because I felt very much entertained.

No, let's scratch that - I felt moved.

In fact, I almost shed a tear when "Stone The Crow" came on.

Guess, I'm not only simple minded but also a pussy...

Loooove that song! why the hell did they only get 50 minutes!?

WHO THE FUCK ARE PENDELIUM?????? MAIN STAGE?? The singer is not singing at all... after 10minutes!
And the guitarist? What the fuck is he playing? A guitar hero's guitar?

Journey tomorrow.. fuck, totally missed that.. dream theater, and hopefully whitesnake and def leppard on the stream as well.

No. Never heard of them, I think it's a good time to go to eat something when you're at the festival right now ;)

And the guitar hero axe is sort of a MIDI guitar I think....

Slashvanyoung: I hear what you are saying and I agree. Pseudo-smarttalk is just as annoying/embarassing. The problem is that Anselmo has been saying the exact same shit since 1992 when I saw them with Pantera opening for Megadeth. It doesn't strike me as being "honest" but as moronic and primitive. That's why I said that it's probably alright if you are drunk and in the pit.

Off of the top of my head there are very few frontmen who can talk to the crowd in a good way. I have a hard time coming up with anyone in metal atm, but the best in my book is Michael Bublé (the jazz/bigband dude). He's so star-like but still cool, funny and down to earth, you just can't help wanting to buy him a beer ... :)

Off of the top of my head there are very few frontmen who can talk to the crowd in a good way. I have a hard time coming up with anyone in metal atm, but the best in my book is Michael Bublé (the jazz/bigband dude). He's so star-like but still cool, funny and down to earth, you just can't help wanting to buy him a beer ... :)

Dude...Akerfeldt and Townsend are the crowd rapport kings of metal IMO! (though for VERY different reasons :lol: )

And the "suave, sophisticated Europeans" thing was mostly a rip on how so many pseudo-liberal douches here in the US think Europe is this paradise of enlightenment and sophistication; sure, there's a whole lot of that, but then a whole lot of slovenly cretins just like everywhere else! :lol:

That's weird.. re-run of down's "stone the crow" is missing a guitar right now, while im pretty sure i heard pepper when it was live.. now i cant.

Dude...Akerfeldt and Townsend are the crowd rapport kings of metal IMO! (though for VERY different reasons :lol: )

Sorry, never seen Akerfeldt live and Townsend only in 1998 (Full Of Hate Festival Tour) - and back then he was an asshole both backstage and on stage. Everyone else on that tour (especially Killingculture, Crowbar and Gene Hoglan) were a lot nicer ...

And the "suave, sophisticated Europeans" thing was mostly a rip on how so many pseudo-liberal douches here in the US think Europe is this paradise of enlightenment and sophistication; sure, there's a whole lot of that, but then a whole lot of slovenly cretins just like everywhere else! :lol:

This.

Good choice of words there too, buddy.

SLOVENLY CRETINS FTW.

Seems like the stream's left channel is crappy, been testing my speakers since I thought the problem was my gear.

Hopefully they will have it fixed by Slipknot

fuck, they are all probably too drunk too even notice themselves.. this sucks as i want slipknot in full glory tonight.