DragonForce album #5

Fair enough dude, it's all opinion. I loved VOTD & SF, but thought Inhuman Rampage was a "here's-more-of-the-same" album and I just didn't like Ultra Beatdown much at all. It's possible that I just grew tired of Dragonforce's formula after listening to them for so long.

V.o.t.D (one my list of best pm albums of all time) and S.F. are where I have fond, almost nostalgic memories of DF. Cue I.R., Roadrunner and heavy air time on Kerrang and it all started to go down hill. But that's just my opinion, there have been moments on the last two albums I've enjoyed and I'll doubtlessly be buying the 5th.

yeah it's all opinion, the band needed changes yes for sure, i just liked zp theart, and i am worried that they will get a heavy/grungy singer in there and ruin it, but yeah it needed a little bit of a change at least, XD like maybe at least a few shorter songs, and a few more slow ones here and there

The_Power_Within.jpg

Ok here's the latest:

New album is titled “The Power Within”.

DragonForce guitarist Herman Li said,

“The last two years have been the most fun we ever had making an album. Through writing, jamming and touring together, we have built this incredible energy and it has been fully captured on the new album.

This time around we’ve really brought our metal side to the surface and made some of the best music of our career. From the fastest song we’ve ever recorded to the slower songs, and some things you would never expect from us, this is by far the most diverse DragonForce album yet.”

This is an exciting new era for DragonForce with Marc joining the band, so we figured this was an ideal time to take full control of our own destiny and establish our own record label for Europe. It’s all hands on deck running it, but a great buzz!”

“The Power Within” will be released on April 15th 2012 via the band’s own Electric Generation Recordings, distributed by Essential Music (UK), Roadrunner Records (North America), 3Wise (Australia) and JVC Victor (Japan).

Tracklist:

1. Holding On
2. Fallen World
3. Cry Thunder
4. Give Me the Night
5. Wings of Liberty
6. Seasons
7. Heart of the Storm
8. Die By the Sword
9. Last Man Stands
10. Seasons (Acoustic Version)

There will also be a Digital & Vinyl Version featuring Bonus Tracks “Cry Thunder (Live Rehearsal)”, “Heart of the Storm (Alternative Chorus Version)” and “Avant La Tempête (Instrumental)”, plus an exclusive box set featuring:

CD Version
Access Code for Bonus Material plus
DragonForce Flag,
DF Flashlight/Bottle Opener,
Set of 6 DF Beer Mats featuring band cartoons by Frederic Leclercq.

A small number of very lucky fans will have their first chance to hear new songs from the album at an exclusive sold out show at London’s 100 Club on February 16th 2012.

YES! God, FINALLY, been waiting too long for this.

Have to say the artwork and title don't impress me. I was really hoping they'd get something better than 'The Power Within.' And the artwork is too similar to Inhuman Rampage. They should have just made it a self-titled album with both versions of the DF logo on the front anyway!

I like the titles, they seem to finally be reeling it in a little. I liked 'Lost Fallen World' -- wonder why they shortened it. 'Seasons' in particular sounds interesting. Also, first DF album with 9 full-length, non-bonus songs!

Thanks for the update Dom.

Song Titles sound good, including the album title. Don't understand peoples' problems with the album title to be honest. It sounds good and powerful (which is what you'd want most Bands to go for) and it's not as if they are loads of albums, songs, hell even names of Films, Games etc that have the same name. That is of course unless the Internet is lying to me! Plus it's a major improvement over the last three album titles.

Cover is poor though with the exception of the use of the classic Yellow Logo on the Top Left. Either way, intrigued and kinda excited for the new album. I've got a good feeling about it for reasons unknown.

Like the song titles, and I've heard they're suppose to have a cool guest or two on this album as well. Can't wait! As for the album title, I guess it could have been a little better, but still cooler than the last two albums!

Apparently they'll have a cover of "Power of the ninja sword" on the Japan version of the album. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICP-65000

British expectations of other countries are brilliant - where's the booze and how much do you have?! :lol: I'm proud

I appreciate most from this that it seems like they've put more effort into this release, taking a long time raking through many audition submissions and trying to be different musically (tempo, vocal pitch), so yeah; no high hopes but if it's less slapdash than UB it'll be an improvement.

I'm a little peeved that the bonus material on the special edition is not on the album itself, and instead I can only get it on the computer with the access code. I hardly listen to music outside of the car anymore and was really hoping they'd have the material on the album just like their other albums. Ah, the digital transition... not something I'm fond of.

Plus, I want the Shadow Warriors song, so I guess I'll be ordering the Japanese import too at some point, which will be $40. Yikes.

Previews of all the songs are up on Amazon:
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Power-Within/dp/B007GYUT3Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1330985935&sr=8-5[/ame]

Haven't checked any of the new stuff out since Cry Thunder which I thought was pretty catchy, will listen later

Holy crap, Evai? Haven't seen you around the DF forums for a while. Unless... are you BreadFan? :yow:

Anyways, just came by here to see how everyone else was reacting to this. I think this is going to easily be their best album yet. The songs are all epic as hell, yet each one seems unique in it's own way. Especially Give Me the Night, Seasons, and Die by the Sword. Not to mention, I've listened to Heart of the Storm about 30 times now, and it never gets old. Never.

Dang yo, these are impressive. Me gusta. Really looking forward to hearing these in full, sounds like they really have been trying new things.