DragonForce - Are these guys for real?

with all these shitty ass bands out today, it was very refreshing to hear DragonForce, unfortunatly I havent had the time to pick up the CD, last time I was at Newbury Comics, I had my choices down to DragonForce and Luca Turilli's Prophet, I chose Luca...:)
But Herman Li kicks ass and really knows how to use that Whammy pedal..

I just heard these guys recently...they sound like, and definitely seem like, a very fun band who's just having...fun. And their guitarist scares me quite a bit...a shredding demon. And they're sorta catchy too...ahh...I love cheese :) :)

The most important thing about Dragonforce is that theyre British! We get virtually no homegrown, euro-style Power Metal bands here in the UK, precisely because everyone thinks its too cheesy (I think the situation is similar in the US, which is why the power metal that comes out of America is mostly like Iced Earth).....so its great that theyre flying the cheese flag in Britain. Special mention to Powerquest, who are also British and are closely connected in style and personnel to Dragonforce. If you like the Dragons, check em out.

They really ARE the best and most talented band to come out of Britain in a long time. For some odd reason Britain just loves to keep pumping out shit one hit wonder shit like Spice Girls and techno crap...or is it just me noticing that?

I've seen them live twice. First time was mildy interesting (supporting Halford in 2000) unfortunately they're new singer was awful when supporteing Symphony X last year. I don't really like power metal these days anyway, but I can appreciate it when it's done well and with originality. This just isn't. I have to say I'm embarassed that they seem to be the hottest new British metal band these days when there are so many better out there.
But what can I say? My country can have crappy taste, particularly in metal.

Alex999 said:
I've seen them live twice. First time was mildy interesting (supporting Halford in 2000) unfortunately they're new singer was awful when supporteing Symphony X last year. I don't really like power metal these days anyway, but I can appreciate it when it's done well and with originality. This just isn't. I have to say I'm embarassed that they seem to be the hottest new British metal band these days when there are so many better out there.
But what can I say? My country can have crappy taste, particularly in metal.

Dragonforce supported Symphony X? I don't think they did.
SymX played twice in England last year, first time was in February supporting Stratovarius with Thunderstone. Second time was in October; they headlined and had Shadowkeep supporting them. I was at both gigs, and I'm pretty sure DF weren't.

I would also take issue with the crappy taste remark.

kazahana said:
Second time was in October; they headlined and had Shadowkeep supporting them. I was at both gigs, and I'm pretty sure DF weren't.
Oops, you're entirely correct. I was mixing them up with Shadowkeep. To be fair though, both bands are particularly bland Power Metal, something the world seems to have plenty enough of already.

another good band that I recently got into is Dream Evil. They are really good :)