DRAGONLAND - Astronomy

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Maybe this is old news to most of you and I apologize if it is ...

On an absolute complete whim, I picked up DRAGONLAND's CD entitled "Astronomy" and I absolutely love it! I don't know why I haven't gotten into this band sooner, but they are amazing.

Now I know I am going to get some crap being that this is just shameless, cock-out power metal, but damn is it great stuff and I am diggin' it!

Anyone other Dragon Riders out there?

Nathan

I've been meaning to get this one, everything I've heard online sounds awesome. I have some of their other stuff, which is ok, but from what I've heard this new stuff seems to be way better.

I got so hooked on this album about six months ago, it felt like I had it in my car stereo for a month. I would just listen to the title track and their "Neverending Story" cover, over and over and over again, definitely infectious. Besides anything Frederik Nordstrom touches is gold anyways.

This is a band I would consider sponsoring in the future, because I think they would absolutely slay live. The new album has a great mix of prog and power and lots of hooks.

I don't know what it is, but Dragonland just doesn't seem all that focused or tight in their songwriting. They keep on improving a little with every album, but they still just aren't there yet.

I got so hooked on this album about six months ago, it felt like I had it in my car stereo for a month. I would just listen to the title track and their "Neverending Story" cover, over and over and over again, definitely infectious.

I'd been wondering where the heck that cover of "Neverending Story" actually originally came from. The MP3 has been a frequent sight in my playlists. :)

I got so hooked on this album about six months ago, it felt like I had it in my car stereo for a month. I would just listen to the title track and their "Neverending Story" cover, over and over and over again, definitely infectious. Besides anything Frederik Nordstrom touches is gold anyways.

This is a band I would consider sponsoring in the future, because I think they would absolutely slay live. The new album has a great mix of prog and power and lots of hooks.

Aaaah, at last! Someone else admits it so now I can!

I've listened to that Neverending Story cover about 3,000 times, got into my computer somehow and I just fell in love with it!

So that's really all the background I had on the band and then I bought Astronomy ... wow ... I need to get more of their stuff.

Neverending Story is on Holy War though.... maybe on both?

I really enjoyed The Battle of the Ivory Plains.

I'd been wondering where the heck that cover of "Neverending Story" actually originally came from. The MP3 has been a frequent sight in my playlists. :)

Sorry about that, yeah, the "Neverending Story" cover was on Holy War not Astronomy. I failed to mention that I made a CD-R of Astronomy for my car and tacked that song on because I could.

SwordLord said:
Aaaah, at last! Someone else admits it so now I can!

I've listened to that Neverending Story cover about 3,000 times, got into my computer somehow and I just fell in love with it!

So that's really all the background I had on the band and then I bought Astronomy ... wow ... I need to get more of their stuff.

It's okay, you can come out of the Power-Metal-Closet now, you're free!

Oh, and if anyone really likes that cover they really need to check this out.

And the original is pretty creepy, but they won't let you embed it, so here's a link if you want to see some awesome 80's hair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khTntOxX-k

Last edited by a moderator:
"Too Late for Sorrow" is my favorite song on the CD. I can't put my finger on it but it somehow reminds of the 80's. It's so upbeat but the lyrics are so depressing, it's great.

2nd favorite track is "Cassiopeia", but the whole CD is great.

Oh man, DREAMTHIEF, that stuff was too damn funny! Thanks for posting, you are obviously a bigger pro at surfing YouTube than I am!

And I've definitely been out of the power metal closet for a long time but every once in a while, I lose faith ... thanks for restoring it!

I've definitely been out of the power metal closet for a long time but every once in a while, I lose faith ... thanks for restoring it!

Oh, I was just kidding, since the Manowar banner in you signature clearly gives away your closet status. :heh: