Dream Evil cancel PPUSA, Replacement Announced

Well DE was one of the main reasons i wanted to come..
But dude Forbidden.. Kicks serious ass! .. now thats a hell of a replacement band. (btw anyone who hasnt seen them recently. They are really tight live and Russ sounded great the last few times I saw them)

Visas suck... i feel for you and the BS

Will Forbidden be taking Dream Evil's slot, or are you rearranging the schedule?

I heard that the new drummer is Gene Hoglan. I will be in the house for this set!!!

Sucks for the hassle Glenn. I just don't get people lack of urgency and lack of attention to details. Thanks, as always, for making things work. For me...seeing Forbidden works great!!

To make a long story short:
Dream Evil - A band I never cared about.
Forbidden - One of the best concerts I've attended!

Glenn, congratulations for getting it all together quickly!

Thanks Justin. With a very, very limited number of bands to pull from, that did indeed factor into the decision. Hell, I may lead a pit as pissed as I am about Dream Evil.

Now you know you cannot make statements like that Glenn without me taking you up on it!

On a side note about Forbidden, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE talk them into playing "Forbidden Evil" front to back!

Pretty stoked to see these dudes again. Saw them back with Sacred Reich in the 80's.

In my humble opinion, this option is even better than Dream Evil. I never really cared for Dream Evil, i tried for years to get into their music and never could, Forbidden well one listen and your hooked.

What really pisses me off, is that in their statement they blame the US Embassy for their not being able to travel to the US, well guys it's your fault you put things off to the last minute and then filled out your paperwork wrong, the Embassy didn't fill it out you did, so Dream Evil it is your fault.

I bet Jen was mad, damn I can see her now, she is normally good natured and sweet, butwhen something like this comes up I bet she can do a Jeykl and Hyde on you. And metal Sami shitting on the floor is just his way of saying what he thinks of Dream Evil.

Sucks about the hassle with Dream Evil, but I think the festival ended up with a better band for it. I much prefer Forbidden. Good job on securing a quality replacement.

The club Forbidden played at in Kansas City on their recent tour didn't have the best sound in my opinion. I love them, but I actually left early because I couldn't hear the vocals and the bass was too loud. (and I was tired as fuck and had work in the morning).

Needless to say, I was hoping that I could see Forbidden again soon, to make up for it. This does.

It just sucks to lose Dream Evil. I know they needed to be more responsible and get their shit done. But goddamn. Why is so fucking hard to be a band and travel to America and play a little festival?

What's wrong with these fucking people??? Sorry for the rant, but I had to know every fart that USCIS laid in order to secure my wife's visa. These assholes TRAVEL to PLAY SHOWS FOR A LIVING!!! Are you telling me that they cannot figure out what visas they need??? And, what's worse, they PLAYED THE USA BEFORE!!! Unbelievable! No wonder Glenn has been hinting at calling it a day. Can you blame him? First, Arcturus goes, "We are too lazy, fuck you.", and now a band that I thought had far more intelligence pulls this. My sympathies to Glenn.

That said, it was good that Glenn got on his horse and got a replacement. Though I do not know much about Forbidden, hopefully it will be a great alternative.:headbang:

Hey, Dream Evil....:fu:

Forbidden is a band that flew straight under my radar 'back in the day' when I was a full on Testament and Death Angel supporter. I never gave them a fair shot until they came through with Overkill last year. And when I finally did I was kicking myself in the ass! That is - after THEY kicked my ass all over the Masquerade!! m/

It's great to see some warm fuzzies from the ProgPower community for these guys too. They certainly deserve it. And kudos to Forbidden and their management for taking what likely amounts to less than 24 hours to come to the right decision concerning ProgPower USA XII. Whoever the bands are that shot Glenn down in those early hours of scrambling - well, it's THEIR loss! hah hah!

While I was looking forward to seeing Dream Evil, I couldn't be much more pleased with this solid choice in a replacement. Thank you Glenn. Great job in the 11th Hour! That's a helluva rabbit you pulled out of your hat... a vicious, thrashy, heavy metal rabbit!

rabbit-woundwort.jpg

YES! General Woundwort...nice reference!

Glenn, I am vice president of a transportation company overseeing logistics, I go through this shit DAILY...so I know the hassles that result. My reaction is usually a short profanity-laced outburst, then knuckle down and solve the situation...you can only play with the hand your dealt...

Holy suckage Glenn! I was excited to see Dream Evil, but once again you come through with an awesome replacement! Forbidden are one of my all time favs and being able to hang out with them is will be surreal to say the least.

Great job again!

*side note* Was there an email sent out about this? Just curious... seems my email doesn't like emails from Progpower.

Yes, there was an email. Message me your addy, please.

~Jen