Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events

My how we've grown! That line of reasoning used to only be used against anti-PoS fans! :devil:

I tried to get into Opeth, just never did.....They even have a show coming to Chicago, but I'm not sure if I'll give them one last shot or not...

:D yeah, they're playing in Worcester in September, I might go to see "what I'm missing out on" I also tried to get into Katatonia, their tour mates, almost put me to sleep..:zzz: I know "sacrilege!!" :devil:

+1

They should have called it, "We are still the #1 Prog Metal Band in the World so the Haters Can Suck It."

Sales and fans don't actually make you good though, only successful. DT used to be good, but everything after Train of Thought has been garbage. Imo.

Let's hope that DT delivers the goods. I fear a day when DT does the "cabaret" routine that Queensryche did haha.

I better no comment on Dream Theater, the last time I did a guy cause a big scene by going balistic and left the show crying.

But... they started in the 80s!

Oh yeah.. they progressed throughout the years and didn't repeat the same crappy album over and over again. Shame on them! :lol:

Opeth are just another band

Tactical_Facepalm_by_ShadowGod55563.jpg

Mastodon is right up there with Dream Theater.

Mastodon only really has one prog album and now that they're supposedly getting back to their roots, I would not really call them a "prog metal" band, especially since that they are very punk/hardcore (The Wolf Is Loose, etc) influenced as well.

But... they started in the 80s!

Oh yeah.. they progressed throughout the years and didn't repeat the same crappy album over and over again. Shame on them! :lol:

Hey I like DT, well they put out three good albums at least. Just a few days ago I was listening to them, they are so good when taking couple of years breaks in between listening.
And they only started later in the career putting out the same crappy album over and over again.... Yeah, yeah, yeah cast your stones at me. But I hope saying that did not upset that guy again not sure if he could handle another breakdown like that again.:D

Hey I like DT, well they put out three good albums at least. Just a few days ago I was listening to them, they are so good when taking couple of years breaks in between listening.

Hah, no worries bro, I wasn't taking a shot at you, really. I just think a lot of people give them crap for no reason. They have released lots of good music over the years, and lots of people ignore that. It's like it's cool to talk crap about them..

And they only started later in the career putting out the same crappy album over and over again.... Yeah, yeah, yeah cast your stones at me.

Did you hear the last one? If anything, it was closer to Images & Words and Scenes than they've ever been. It's really not the same as the previous 3 (Train, Octavarium and Systematic). Again, not casting stones - after all they DO have crappy songs..

But I hope saying that did not upset that guy again not sure if he could handle another breakdown like that again.:D

:lol::lol::lol:

Did you hear the last one? If anything, it was closer to Images & Words and Scenes than they've ever been. It's really not the same as the previous 3 (Train, Octavarium and Systematic). Again, not casting stones - after all they DO have crappy songs..

This. I like pretty much all of their albums outside of one, but I agree this is not so much like the previous ones, though I didn't like the lead single.

Hah, no worries bro, I wasn't taking a shot at you, really. I just think a lot of people give them crap for no reason. They have released lots of good music over the years, and lots of people ignore that. It's like it's cool to talk crap about them..

:lol::lol::lol:

I have every album and sometimes actually wonder why when I only listen to the first three. Well I think I have every album that is if that big boset with the vinyl was the last album. And I have more demos, singles, remixes, bootlegges, etc of that band then I probably need.
When 'Images and Words' came out and that album was shown to me I went crazy over it. It seemed that stuff like Queensryche and Fates Warning was just nowhere to be found. And Steve Issack had not yet to start pushing them on MTV.Then by chance I dicover Majesty demos at a record show and Progessions Magazine. From there is Magna Carta records; whuch seemed cool at first... Then I waited for 'Awake'. Well I had
heard the first one somewhere in there just did not have it yet.

I still stand by WDADU being their finest achievement. To me there is no finer progressive metal album ever released except a few by Rush. Other than those, this album is their finest both lyrically and stylistically and set the bar for all bands to try and beat and none have to this day. I am used to the hate because of all the love for LaBrie, but I still stand behind Charlie 100%.

cover_3121131282008.jpg

"In a garden where the seeds were spilled
I favored the few that stood strong in the sun
As I reached for the profit of my prize
I found I had trampled the forgotten ones"

I still stand by WDADU being their finest achievement. To me there is no finer progressive metal album ever released except a few by Rush. Other than those, this album is their finest both lyrically and stylistically and set the bar for all bands to try and beat and none have to this day. I am used to the hate because of all the love for LaBrie, but I still stand behind Charlie 100%.

cover_3121131282008.jpg

"In a garden where the seeds were spilled
I favored the few that stood strong in the sun
As I reached for the profit of my prize
I found I had trampled the forgotten ones"

I also love WDADU, I only wish the production was equal to Images and Words. I was lucky enough to see DT on that tour!

I also love WDADU, I only wish the production was equal to Images and Words. I was lucky enough to see DT on that tour!

i love the production on WDADU. Personally, i feel it's more like Moving Pictures and Rush stuff rather than the stale and digitized Images & Words production. I know I didn't prefer his triggered drum tones over his natural ones on WDADU that is for sure.