Dream Theater For Prog Power!!!!!

JonnyD said:
I'm not Bad Metal .. its snowie and cold up here same ol shit :loco: How are you?!:D

Snowy here as well... It was during my lunch hour at work anyway! :)

I'm not doing to bad. Fighting a bit with some insomnia right now, so I'm doing the best thing... Late night internet surfing. That ought to dumb me down enough to make me sleep I hope. :)

I'm lining up shots for PPVI - you in?

-Metal

MetalRose said:
Snowy here as well... It was during my lunch hour at work anyway! :)

I'm not doing to bad. Fighting a bit with some insomnia right now, so I'm doing the best thing... Late night internet surfing. That ought to dumb me down enough to make me sleep I hope. :)

I'm lining up shots for PPVI - you in?

-Metal
hahahha I know how ya feel ... I always have a rotten time getting to sleep .. I just woke up an hour ago lol the only thing to do at 2 in the mornin is surfing the net...but Good Luck with that!!! :)

Shots @PPVI with you Hell yeah I'm in :D

I would welcome seeing any sort of a Dream Theater side-project (i.e. Liquid Tension Experiment, Transatlantic, or Platypus). Something that is special or a rarity.

I love Dream Theater as much as the next guy (or gal, hehe) but I would never want to see them do this festival. I think it would be rather ridiculous. They would cost Glenn so much, and they tour every year anyway. I have seen them three times within the last two years but have had 5 or 6 opportunities in that time. They still kick ass and still rock my world but no, not ProgPower.

ProgPower = Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Running Wild, Grave Digger, Labyrinth, Chinchilla, Dionysus, Thunderstone, etc etc... bands that you never see in America.

Sorry Tobi, sorry Sir Russell, sorry Andre, sorry Geoff.... as phenomenal as they are, and as much as I love and praise and study their vocal abilities, James still has the most passionate, emotional, and rip-roarin-rockin voice.
I diagree with you so much that it is funny. Although I will admit that LaBrie sounds worlds better on DT's live cd then on any of their studio albums, the poor tone of his voice is the main reason I can't get into DT. Therefore, I have never seen them live; however I have seen, Tobi 3 times, Andre once, and Russell twice live and they all sound awsome live: as good as if not better than their studio cds.

Robin

Bryan316 said:
Sorry Tobi, sorry Sir Russell, sorry Andre, sorry Geoff.... as phenomenal as they are, and as much as I love and praise and study their vocal abilities, James still has the most passionate, emotional, and rip-roarin-rockin voice.
yeah, for my money, James Labrie and the phrase "rip-roarin-rockin" should never be in the same UNIVERSE, much less sentence.

The champion of rip-roarin-rockin would be Rob Halford, methinks.

Ryan

James is the man, plain and simple.
I will admit that Russell Allen has a more listener-friendly voice, but there is no way that he can handle a tour as extensive as Dream Theater's, especially considering the length of their shows. I've seen Symphony X six times and Dream Theater eleven times. The last time I saw Symphony X was at the Metro in Chicago when they were on tour with Devin Townsend. At the time, it was the most extensive tour they have done in the States, with something around twenty dates. They were playing 90-minute sets on that tour. Russell was hurting that night. You could tell that he wasn't used to touring this much. In contrast, the second-to-last time I saw Dream Theater was at the Riviera (Chicago again) on the Train Of Thought tour. The U.S. tour alone had nearly twice as many dates, not to mention the fact that they had just gotten off of a European tour and would be hitting Japan afterwards. In addition, their sets were twice as long as Symphony X's. James was on fire for that show, and he has been on fire since their tour with Queensryche. Credit must also be given when you consider that LaBrie suffered from ruptured vocal cords ten years ago and never gave himself ample time to recover. Another question comes to mind: will Russell sound as good live as James does when Russell reaches his age? Love him or hate him, LaBrie has an extensive range, a very unique tone, and a ton of stamina. At the very least, he must be doing something right if he has as many fans as he does. With that said, I never want to see Dream Theater at ProgPower. Mullmuzzler would be a very welcome addition, though.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

simply put, DT is way to HUGE for PP. they dont -NEED- PP to get them publicity, fans can see them on their regular bi-annual tours.

Savatage, on the otherhand, would be a wicked PP addition and needs to come up with a new album :headbang:

MetalRose said:
LOL. Funny thing is, I didn't get drunk at PPV! I drank, but not even a buzz. Alas you are right. I should do more than one. You in?

-MetalRose
Quite possibly :dopey: Only if you bring the Axe :loco:

Bear

Silent Song said:
Savatage, on the otherhand, would be a wicked PP addition and needs to come up with a new album :headbang:
After Jon Oliva's solo and the new CIIC albums come out, we'll likely have 3 decent, but not great, albums from Savatage members, once you count Chris Caffery's album. I bet if they had all gotten together and had combined their best ideas (and threw out the average ideas) that we'd could be listening right now to an awesome Savatage release.

BABS said:
I would welcome seeing any sort of a Dream Theater side-project (i.e. Liquid Tension Experiment, Transatlantic, or Platypus). Something that is special or a rarity.
+1..including OSI (would Kevin do it?..unlikely), JellyJam (they are likely to tour next spring) or another..like a solo spot. JP and JR maybe? Planet X (they played NEARFEST last year and have toured before), Mullmuzzler, FrameShift, and/or Madmen and Sinners too.

Kyle

excellent plug.... Frameshift, Mullmuzzler, Transatlantic would be awesome for PP.

@Force10: yeah, there's a lot of sava-side projects..... but thats just the problem. Chris has a new album, Jon has a new album, TSO even has a new album..... but does Savatage??? I'm starting to worry they've lost their direction.

Please, no Dream Theater for PP. I have seen them enough and they tour everywhere anyway so you can always catch them. PP should be for less popular bands. Dream Theater has become too popular for their own good (charging people more money to sit in the front row and meet them at their concerts?.. that's BS)

The only DT side band I would want to see at PPUSA would be Ayreon
loco.gif

Bear