DREAM THEATER - New track to stream June 29 at 11:00 AM EST

I don't know about that. The name of the album is on that artwork but not the song title...that to me seems like it is the artwork of the album or just a preliminary thing.

I initially thought that the artwork had the name of the song on it, but you're right it does have the album title. Either way I still like the artwork.

I listened to the 720 HD version, and I don't think the mix will be THAT much different on the album from this youtube clip. You can spare the audiophile remarks as I understand compression, clipping and all that stuff.

The youtube stream isn't going to compress the snare drum sound that drastically IMO.

Hell my radio show only streams at 128 and the day after I premiered the Pagans Mind song "Intermission" on my show it popped up on youtube. Although the quality suffered greatly between the combo you could still get an idea of the overall MIX.

Again that aside I *LIKE* the song.

Things COULD change...but , I, personally was hoping for better drum sounds (especially the snare) and higher levels in the mix. This is my OPINION.

I have listened to the track several times, and cannot remember any specific melodies or lyrics....just a lot of keyboards. Yes, they are terrific musicians. Kevin Moore was the soul for the band. Images and Words was such a fantastic album. Once again...my OPINION. For those of you that will get great pleasure from this- enjoy!

Things COULD change...but , I, personally was hoping for better drum sounds (especially the snare) and higher levels in the mix. This is my OPINION.

I have listened to the track several times, and cannot remember any specific melodies or lyrics....just a lot of keyboards. Yes, they are terrific musicians. Kevin Moore was the soul for the band. Images and Words was such a fantastic album. Once again...my OPINION. For those of you that will get great pleasure from this- enjoy!

This is a band that took 6 months to announce their new drummer, there's no way this isn't the final mix of the song.

Loving the song, I think my favorite part was the absence of that god awful keyboard patch JR loves for soloing.

This is a band that took 6 months to announce their new drummer, there's no way this isn't the final mix of the song.

Loving the song, I think my favorite part was the absence of that god awful keyboard patch JR loves for soloing.

How is it not the final mix? It was mastered already and is supposed to be released in the fall. You do realize there is a three month window between master and release for the label to do its job and sell the album right?

I thought it was interesting that the beginning structure of the song was a complete rip from "Pull Me Under", just the way it built it up.

I always find something to like in most DT things, no matter if I don't like certain albums or mixes or whatever. This is no exception. The formula is intact. I will be buying it...

Not a bad song at all, but not really anything special...just the same old harder DT stuff they've been pumping out the past 3 or 4 albums...

I wouldn't see myself listening to it over and over, no real desire to.

For me, DT just lacks the emotion they used to have. After the first disc of 6Degrees they went all bleak and cold. The songs just don't seem very cohesive, instead just a mash of music and some lyrics tossed in.

The one thing I wish they would improve is their lyrics...some of which are just so cliche they make me cringe...

Anyways...I'll probably still buy it, give it a few listens, then pack it away...

All just my opinion btw...

Finally got a chance to listen to this. Solid track. I agree with the Metal Madman that Mangini is too low in the mix. My other gripe is that Jordan is way too loud in the mix. He completely overpowers the song when he kicks in.

I am not a hater but this just didn't have the "WOW" factor for me. I used to be a huge fan but they have just lost me. The rest of the disc will have to be a lot better than this for me to purchase.

I was very underwhelmed. Looks like I'll be sticking to my previously decided upon stance of not buying any more DT stuff. Oh well, there are lots more good bands out there to feed the prog need.

DT is DT. Nothing more and nothing less. The song was okay and typical of what I expect from them. They aren't even on my list of my favorite 100 bands. I'm not knocking them. I just don't believe they are the be all and end all that some people think they are. Just my opinion. I actually found the LIONVILLE clips way more enjoyable than DT and will be purchasing LIONVILLE very shortly.

The song was pretty good, but more or less what I expect to hear from DT in recent years, and not enough to keep me from getting bored about halfway through it. I'll still buy the new album, but my expectations aren't high.