Dreary camping pictures

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
So I went camping this weekend with some friends and took a bunch of pictures. The weather wasn't the greatest for the most part, but it rarely rained and actually got quite nice at times the last day. Here are some photos:

We got on the ferry at about 5:20pm Friday night.
01.jpg

The seagulls were awesome! The flew beside the ferry for a while after it left the dock. People throwing them french fries and they were catching them out of the air.
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Nice view from the ferry:
05.jpg

Inside the ferry:
06.jpg

We got there about an hour after we got off the ferry and nothing exciting really happened except lots of booze, food, fires, and smoke. The next day we hiked Mt. Walker.
07.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

These were already hanging out of the tree when we showed up:
11.jpg

We stopped at Falls View campground to check out the waterfall.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

The waterfall
15.jpg

A nice rhodedendron:
16.jpg

This was more of an inside joke for a friend, but it's quite nice too
17.jpg

Ended the weekend with some golf. This was the only time it rained and also really the only time the sun was out in full effect.
18.jpg

19.jpg

All in all, a fun weekend getaway from the city. We threw the foot ball around, hiked a whole bunch and then played golf and now I'm sore. But it feels good!

beautiful. :worship:
(sorry that I repeat myself that much but that's the only thing I can say when it comes to you, your camping excursions and your photos. *cough* )

Great stuff man, as always. Make sure to put some of that in your DA gallery :p

And dude, you gotta try and get a weekend off... or at least come up on a sunday and come hikin' with me... you have no idea the kind of hikes that are around here.

*Edit* Don't wanna take away your thunder here kevin, but I just thought I'd post a link to my newest photograph... since I don't think it deserves its own thread... http://www.deviantart.com/view/32925625/

Kevin GREAT pictures!!! I'm so happy you got to go this weekend and have fun!
What was that picture you sent to my phone? it came kinda blury and couldn't figure it out..:(
amazing pictures, spending your weekend camping, rules!

Tee, thank you! :oops:

Tyler, someday when I get the time I'd love to!

Karen, thanks :) I'm not positive because I know I was wasted when I sent you that message, but I think it was the fire we were sitting at. Fun times :)

Fretsaflame, I never put the 2 together but you're right! I'm glad a cougar didn't separate me from my sunglasses lol

Zmetallica, thanks!!

Neal, exactly!

Thanks everyone :)

Shpongled said:
Tee, thank you! :oops:

Tyler, someday when I get the time I'd love to!

Karen, thanks :) I'm not positive because I know I was wasted when I sent you that message, but I think it was the fire we were sitting at. Fun times :)

Fretsaflame, I never put the 2 together but you're right! I'm glad a cougar didn't separate me from my sunglasses lol

Zmetallica, thanks!!

Neal, exactly!

Thanks everyone :)

You should've looked around for the body, I'm sure there was still a wallet on it! A gogo! :lol: