Dredg

Crack Hitler

homeless
Jul 26, 2002
Finland
www.voihyvaluoja.tk
Ok, since there hasn't been much talk about this band here, I thought I should start a thread.

Thanks to Morpheus I found this group and bought their latest (second) album, El Cielo, which in my humble opinion is truly something. I'm not good at categorising music but if I had to compare album to others, I'd say there's a hint of Perfect Circle, maybe some Radiohead in guitars and song structures in the vain of Tool. And that actually is quite misleading and doesn't give enough credit for the Dredg guys. I had to listen to the album quite some time before I got into it, which is a good sign, even tho it isn't that 'difficult' music. There's just so much going on in the album and in its dreamlike atmosphere.

Go to www.dredg.com or www.dredg.de for clips and one video (Same Ol' Road, brilliant song).

Yeah, Morhpeus made me discover them too, and I'm listening to 'El Cielo' right now, it's brilliant ! Sometimes they remind me of QOTSA too, and DM as far as the voice is concerned.

uhhhh, yeahh :wave:

they really deserve some attention, and I'm glad you two actually like it. Thanks for giving it a try!

I would describe them as a kind of emotional rock with a more alternative backround. They have great melodies, good song structers and a great voice too.

And i bet more Anathema fans could like them!!!

cheers crack, cheers, cedar ;)

same ol' road sounded nice. but what i understood of the lyrics is that it is like a story... anyway.
i tried a demo as well and i got frightened.

so how are them albums like?

haha. nah i need more stuff. but how are the other songs... is it like same ol' road? cause the demo's :erk:

Haven't heard the demos so I have no idea what you're talking about. But hear this: there are far better songs on El Cielo than Same Ol' Road even tho it's really good, too. It is a concept album of sorts and I personally think the atmosphere holds up through the whole album from start to finish (Same Ol' Road is the first song). Excellent stuff.

Don't judge 'em by some demos. After all that's what they are. Demos.

I'm sharing the album on soulseek Pieter, why don't you install it ? It's simple to use and better than Kazaa.
Oh and I'm really surprised to learn that they were a metal band before, ok they've got heavy guitars here and there but it's really some kind of ermmm ... I dunno ... atmospheric and beautiful rock music :p
Can you send me the demos on MSN Pita ? I'm curious :confused: