Dredg

BurningSky

rxbandits.com
Jan 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
Just curious how many people here know of/ listen to Dredg. This pertains to opeth because i say so.

EDIT: also because Dirge for November is playing

its a unique sound to describe, but i would just suggest getting their El Cielo album in any way possible. That album is not as "heavy" as Leitmotif, their first album, but its just a beautiful record. Its kinda like, melodic rock with psychedelic stuff in it, but they also have a jammy/jazzy side to them as well.. its great i think. I can send shit over AIM if anyone wants it, but they are on Interscope so their stuff is pretty easy to get.

Amazing band, they're probably my favorite band actually.

'El Cielo" is an amazing album. They don't really write with progressive song structures or anything, but they usually write amazingly uplifting choruses and just craft excellent songs. They have a really unique sound to them, with instrumental interludes spread throughout the album that go from like piano/orchestral type stuff to like bulgarian(I think) chant music. It's really spiritual kind of music or at least that's how I see it. Really interesting stuff. I suggest everyone check them out.

I must concur, that they are fantastic...a must own. And you can go on amazon or places like that and get used copies for 5 bucks or so...a deal nobody should pass up.

similar to bands like radiohead, tool and even some pink floyd material.

ambitious modern artistic rock at its finest.

they have 2 releases, both are good...but start with El Cielo ;)

I enjoy them. Leitmotif is really good, their heavier side (although not very heavy). El Cielo is much lighter, more mature. I really can't wait for their new album which is in the works.

Cool band. I love when bands play distorted electric guitars and still use clever chord shapes. Dredg is one of those bands.