most underrated opeth song?

Why do people keep chosing songs from Still Life. That album, as a whole, is not in any way under rated. I'll bet 80% (maybe more) of the people on tis forum consider Still Life to be their favorite album.

I do agree with SDBTS and Patterns 2, BUT those are hard to come by for some. When I bought the double CD version of BWP, I actually found it used, and to this day, I haven't seen another copy in local stores. didn't think it would be that rare...

Why do people keep chosing songs from Still Life. That album, as a whole, is not in any way under rated. I'll bet 80% (maybe more) of the people on tis forum consider Still Life to be their favorite album.
Moonlapse Vertigo is getting picked because it is overlooked compared to the rest of the album. It comes on in between Benighted and Face of Melinda which are two of the best mellow Opeth tracks and everyone raves about them more so than Moonlapse Vertigo which is a great Opeth "heavy" track.

Moonlapse Vertigo is getting picked because it is overlooked compared to the rest of the album. It comes on in between Benighted and Face of Melinda which are two of the best mellow Opeth tracks and everyone raves about them more so than Moonlapse Vertigo which is a great Opeth "heavy" track.

I agree that's an amazing song, but I don't think SL has any under rated songs.

Dirge for November (how many times have i put this down??)
Advent

Closure. I fuckin love all things going on there. All rythms working with/against each other. It's so repetitive (not in a bad way though), yet so much stuff happening. Great.

Isolation Years is horribly underrated, when I first listened to GR I thought that should be an instant hit. But that never occurred.

Wreath is also very underrated, it's in a way like Heir Apparent in its brutality.

Dirge for November is not underrated. It's an awesome song, and it has a good reputation.

Whole SL is overrated, not underrated, IMHO.

master's apprentice
wreath
derelict herds
patterns in the ivy 2
still day beneath the sun

Hessian Peel...

or is it too early for that? ;)

Older? I'm going to have to go with Dirge for November like many others here.

And Wreath.

Myself included,I think more and more people are waking up to the fact that Hessien Peel is pretty incredible.Beginning to realise Hex Omega serves it's purpose on Watershed also.

in my opinion...

forest of october
dirge for november
death whispered a lullaby
still day beneath the sun
patterns in the ivy 2 !!

To me;

Moonlapse vertigo

I don't yet like it that much, though people seem to love it.

Everything on Blackwater park (though I already love Bleak, and that too only because of the ending :lol:)

Just got it...

Baying of the hounds

I've listened to it manymany times, I do like the "later half", but I don't like the beginning that much yet, feels too simple or something, but I think in time I'll love this too.

Dirge is definitely underrated, but I'd have to say that it'd be between either Godhead's Lament or The Leper Affinity.

To me;

Moonlapse vertigo

I don't yet like it that much, though people seem to love it.

Everything on Blackwater park (though I already love Bleak, and that too only because of the ending :lol:)

Just got it...

Baying of the hounds

I've listened to it manymany times, I do like the "later half", but I don't like the beginning that much yet, feels too simple or something, but I think in time I'll love this too.

I think you're talking about overrated songs.

Karma.Rarely someone talks 'bout it,although I love the song in every part,especially the last growls.