Most UNDERRATTED opeth song, and other little talked about tunes!

The Moor.
Harvest.

Everyone seems to hate Harvest. But it's the most beautiful song in the world. So there.

EDIT: DAMN AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I have to agree with whoever said KARMA.
as-drool.gif
Karma = sexsong.

all songs prior up to and including Credence is foreplay
lickout.gif

first minute of Karma is
smileysex5.gif

then next 2 verses is orgasm!
luvlove.gif
newtonguesmile.gif
luvlove.gif

then whole rest of the song is afterglo
mushy.gif

ok.. GOT it!?! :D

I avoided naming anything from Still Life because it is usually regarded as a perfect album on this and other forums, which implies that no song on it is underrated. Definitely not Godhead's Lament, there have been several threads devoted to that song's brilliance. But since I haven't seen one on MV...I can now officially call it underrated.

Originally posted by Vortex
If I am going to be critical about Amen Corner, the beginning drags a bit but from the first acoustic part on we're talking about the album's crowning moments.

I know what you mean about the dragging, at first I didn't like this as well, but now it's the thing I most love about this tune.

I see the Amen Corner like falling and falling in a deep dark pit of absolute dispair, most of the tune just drags you down so far and when I listen to it it makes me want to puke, and I love that feeling. It's so fucking dark and dreary and then the whole "The celestial touch... from grey to black" holy fuck that's cool. It's so uplifting and yet depressing and it has such an impact after being pulled so far into darkness by everything preceding that part. The lyrics are also so cool and so dark: "... the bond we never spoke of, once stark and enticing, now slowly smouldering to dust". It's a love song gone to sorrow. The demon (of the fall) is created in this song.

I guess everyone here probably realizes that mayh is circular and that it flows from sping (which, not coincidentily is when mikael was born, in april) to winter (from life to death). This is very very fucking cool. I love it when things are paralleled in nature like this. MAYH has got to be the coolest idea for a concept album ever.

Satori

i've heard people rave about "The Night and the Silent Water", but i still think its better than anyone has said. its probably one of my favorite songs, its one of opeth's most fluid songs. the intro is just awesome, and towards the end when the whipsered vocals come in, i always get chills, and the lyrics are some of akerfeldts best in my opinion.

and i also love "The Amen Corner", like much of you. the opening riffs are so dreary, i love it. and you gotta love those lyrics.

Bleedingskeptic: Yes. You are so right about TNATSW. It's amazing. It's a close tie for my most underrated song, but since I hear LESS talk about Karma, that made #1-Underrated!
The Night is actually tied for my fav song on Morningrise.. it couldn't be more perfect to hear, and relate too sadly. But BRI usually wins as my fav off that record those they duke it out from time to time.