Most dissapointing Opeth song.

dirge for november is the only opeth song that hasn't grown on me. i don't know why, it had potential i guess, but its just a little to repetitive i guess.

I agree with bleedingskeptic. Dirge for November does seem a little repetitive though I guess its probably more of a transitionary song.

On the other end of the spectrum, I would say When has grown on me the most. Initially, I didn't pick up all the subtle nuances and emotion in that song but these days, its probably one of my faviroutes.

Damn..why are these questions so hard...

nice topic thogh

I don't think I could say my most disappointing song...But I could go with disappointing album I guess. Since I started on Morningrise, I loved htat. And I've loved everything since except for BWP. And Orchid is the other. I can't say I've truly gotten into any songs on either album, so their both disappointing to me.

Ii think I just need time. I still haven't absorbed all of still life....And I got it the day it came out!:eek:

Originally posted by Hearse
Answering to orginal question:

To me there really isn't any weakest/most dissapointing song on Opeth.

Am I only one that thinks; Opeth is the only band that hasn't done single bad album, bad song nor even bad section/riff in their songs!!! And I really mean this, I love every single note of Opeth!

They have never dissapointed me, and I doubt they never will.
They always have suprised me with their new albums. I don't take opeth for granted. I always listen Opeth with aweness.

over and out.
This is directed at you, and others who have answered in a similar fashion.. Surely there is one Opeth song that wasnt quite as good as you first expected it to be? Yeh sure its Opeth so it would still be a great song, but when you were first listening to it you thought it was going to be even better than it turned out. Maybe you though a song was going to be something really different (i a good experimental way) but it ended up just being normal Opeth, and for just a second you were dissapointed?
THINK, there must be an answer there somewhere im sure!!

Hearse has just said it - every little bit of Opeth is perfect.

As for surprising, Still Life as a whole has grown on me a hell of a lot. For the first few weeks of listening to it I was slightly disappointed, but now it is right up there with the others. After Morningrise, I can't choose a second favourite now.

Originally posted by Black Dragon

If they replaced their vocalist I may have had a better time with them.

I quite agree. I bought purchased 'Horror Show', and i thought the vocals could get quite irratating after multiple listens.

Back to Opeth, probably my band of choice, I would have to say 'Bleak' off Blackwater Park surprised me the most. I can't get enough of that song. Same goes for 'Godheads Lament' from Still Life. BLISS!!!

Originally posted by terrymx
demon of the fall
nothing is wrong with the song, just that it's the most overated song i've seen. now i'll get flame

yea, it is kinda overated...don't get me wrong, it's a great song but there are much more better ones

the song blackwater park is a little dissapointing because that acoustic part in the middle really pisses me off...the vocals only go for like 10 secs and then suddenly there's an acoustic riff which is repeated for 2 mins

Dirge for November became a dissapointment after a while, but now it's grown to full power again! Great song! So I guess it will be "Blackwater Park".

On the other end, "The Apostle in Triumph" keeps getting better for each and every listen.

ORCHID: The ultimate progressive death metal album ever.

Originally posted by Metalmaster
On the other end, "The Apostle in Triumph" keeps getting better for each and every listen.
ORCHID: The ultimate progressive death metal album ever.

yes, correct. any of you who don't like orchid should.....$#@%%$%@@#$%@#$^#@ :mad:
:p

So lemme know... where can i host the edited version of Dirge For November? :D I tried on my site, but they don't let me host MP3's for some gay reason. I would put it up if i knew how to change the file extension, and then you would have to name it back, but i don't knwo how to change the file extension... help me someone? How do i change the extension?

if you can't see file extensions in windows (assuming you're using windows), goto tools->folder options->view tab-> and make sure 'hide file extensions for known file types' is unchecked...
then press ok and select the mp3 you want to rename, press F2, give it a new extension, then upload it.

ooooorrr
you could use an ftp client (assuming that you use ftp to upload to your site...) to rename the file already on the site...

oooorrr
you could just give it to me and i could upload it to my site :D