The most moral Opeth song?

I would have to say "For Absent Friends". I especially was touched by the line where he says "Everybody around the world needs to hold hands...while we pray to Satan", a very moral sentiment. It is very low in the mix, but if you check the lyrics you will see what I'm talking about. :lol:

To be serious "Still Day Beneath the Sun" is imo a very good song, about "the souls of those" who have passed away and is not very atheist at all:Smug: :saint: .

metal_wrath said:
I would have to say "For Absent Friends". I especially was touched by the line where he says "Everybody around the world needs to hold hands...while we pray to Satan", a very moral sentiment. It is very low in the mix, but if you check the lyrics you will see what I'm talking about. :lol:

To be serious "Still Day Beneath the Sun" is imo a very good song, about "the souls of those" who have passed away and is not very atheist at all:Smug: :saint: .
PLEASE shut the fuck up

LightningLixxx said:
Ok, let me rephrase my post then: I happen to identify for some reason with To Bid You Farewell's moral. Better? :erk:

The moral may be left to the hearer, reader or viewer to determine for themselves
-Wikipedia

...you're a dumb kid.

when was the last time i gave a shit about what you think? you're wasting your time.

...lmfao. my first instinct was to think you were joking, Mr. Bland, but then i realized there is no way in hell you're joking... and then i got pissed at myself for even thinking that you were joking.

i think ill say it once more:

this
fucking
thread
is
not
about
what
song
got
you
into
opeth

biggsy said:
Patterns in the Ivy II. My individual interpretation is the mourning of a lost love but realising life goes on, and was the song that got me through a VERY tough breakup.

Averse Sefira (obscure BM) plays mostly on that theme. Stuff about how we wish for immortality, but it'd really suck to live forever. Just think of the whole Arwen/Aragon business. :cry:

philza said:
...lmfao. my first instinct was to think you were joking, Mr. Bland, but then i realized there is no way in hell you're joking... and then i got pissed at myself for even thinking that you were joking.

i think ill say it once more:

this
fucking
thread
is
not
about
what
song
got
you
into
opeth

Dude, calm down. I was only making a little side comment, so shutup.

taken by the reaper said:
it's people like philza that make relaxed, laid back people like me not want to bother posting on this board anymore.
take ur laid back ass outta here kthx