The most moral Opeth song?

@=NoBigDeal=@

Inn I Slottet Fra Drömmen
Jan 28, 2006
Helsinki
What do you think is the most moral song Opeth have written? I mean which song represents the best the moral side of Opeth's music?
If you're feeling very moral, which Opeth song is the one that reflects your emotions the most appropriate way? Or is there such song?

Just asking. Just my two cents.

LightningLixxx said:
To Bid You Farewell. Lyrically and musically, that song has always just clicked with me. It's the song that got me into Opeth actually.
okay, but we're asking what song is the most moral song, not which song clicks with you, or which song got you into opeth.

White Cluster. The guy kills a bunch of people and gets hanged. Now THAT'S moral.

Very tough question, since it means going over the lyrics of eight albums.

But, without going over the eight albums yet, I'd say there are no moral Opeth songs, only if by accident.

easily The Twilight is My Robe and Deliverance have the best morals.
both are about being controled by some "power" and the futility of such situations (im tired)

np - Comus - Perpetual Motion. good lord, this song sucks.

philza said:
okay, but we're asking what song is the most moral song, not which song clicks with you, or which song got you into opeth.
Ok, let me rephrase my post then: I happen to identify for some reason with To Bid You Farewell's moral. Better? :erk:

The moral may be left to the hearer, reader or viewer to determine for themselves
-Wikipedia

To Bid You Farwell: I wait for a woman to come but she never does.
Moral: Don't trust women :loco:

*disclaimer* I was joking at what I wrote for the meaning of the lyrics.

Blackwater Park I guess. "Confessor, of the tradegies in man" It's about how people have a "dark side." IMHO at least ^^

LightningLixxx said:
Ok, let me rephrase my post then: I happen to identify for some reason with To Bid You Farewell's moral. Better? :erk:

The moral may be left to the hearer, reader or viewer to determine for themselves
-Wikipedia

To Bid You Farwell: I wait for a woman to come but she never does.
Moral: Don't trust women :loco:

*disclaimer* I was joking at what I wrote for the meaning of the lyrics.

I would agree - that song resonates with me very strongly and basically hooked me on Opeth back in 98.

Not to go off topic but I have to mention LightningLixxx, that is a *badass* sig! awesome way to honor Cliff...