Most Intense Opeth Song?

The Night & the Silent Water is my vote for most 'intense'...that song although not as heavy as Masters' Apprentices or Deliverance or Ghost of Perdition...is certainly one of Opeth's most emotionally intense tracks...

feel free to disagree with me.

Blackwater Park and Deliverance though would be tied in terms of being the most intense/heavy tracks to witness live. I got to experience both (deliverance twice!) when Opeth played in melbourne a couple of years ago...

jesus christ some of you idiots need a dictionary

the following songs are acceptable as "most intense opeth song"

dirge for november
under the weeping moon
blackwater park

any other response will henceforth be met with my disapproval.

I dont know how to answer this, but I remember this one time I was listening, and it was the first time I heard By The Pain I See in Others, really late at night, half asleep. The carousel from hell scared me. Then the acoustic part came and I was like hey, this will be ok, ill try and sleep. Then BAM "AAAAAAAAH- THUNDER"... that part scared the crap out of me. :lol:

I'd say the whole album Deliverance. Period. It' an emotional rollercoster.

Followed by Dirge for November
Hours of Wealth into Grand Conjuration

Demon of the Fall

Blackwater Park

The Baying of the Hounds is thier darkest song

FloyD ThraSh3r said:
I'd say the whole album Deliverance. Period. It' an emotional rollercoster.

Followed by Dirge for November
Hours of Wealth into Grand Conjuration

Demon of the Fall

Blackwater Park

The Baying of the Hounds is thier darkest song
I think their darkest song is probably Blackwater Park actually :Smug:, or maybe Demon of teh Fall. Those vocals at the beginning of DOTF are very creepy, and the lyrics are filled with despair...whereas BOTH has those happy sounding keyboards and that singing section which is not particularly dark imho