most underrated opeth song?

Well, according to this thread, Dirge really doesn't seem all that under rated. I really don't think anything from BWP or Still Life are under rated, actually. I don't see many people talking about songs like Nectar, Hex Omega, BTPISIO (only recently), and Atonement. I also agree with Beneath The Mire.

I'll go with those.

Nectar! Yes!! acutally listening to it right now, what a coinkidink. it's an amazing fucking song, and Epilogue, it's of my faves, even though it's an instrumental, it's still fucking awesome. love the guitar work in that one.

dirge and wreath had a bit of a fan base rally this last year. Dirge being one ot my favorite opeth songs (top 5) its great its finally being shown love.

I agree The Funeral Portrait is underated, its one of my least favorites on bwp though.. It should be shown more or atleast as much love than the Leper Affinity thats forsure

leper blasts funeral's ass

IMO

oh and the part in moonlapse "i turn away my eyes..." might be my most uber chills on the album

Yes sir, that ending vocal line to Moonlapse is one of the best in their entire disco, I believe. Always listen to that twice per run through of the song. Great lower vocal harmonies there.

I would have said Wreath but it seems to have increased in popularity recently.I'll go for The Grand Conjuration,always seems to come under a lot of stick but I love it immensly

How could I forget The Grand Conjuration.

I used to hate it, until the fifteenth time I heard it. Then it kicked in. And to this day remains one of my favorite Opeth songs. The middle part is so fucking intense.

Agree with Karma being underrated.

In regards to underrated songs, I don't think you can state any Still Life songs. If you asked me what my favourite SL song was I couldn't tell you. I'll say The Moor, then think of GLament's beautiful acoustic sections, the feeling I get from MVertigo, onto the awesomeness that is SPDeath and finally one of the most epic finishers ever recorded, WCluster. I simply see SL is a brilliant album in its entirety and I'm sure others do too. If you ask me what my favourite Opeth song is the answer will probably be When or Advent, without giving SL songs a second thought due to my inability to choose my favourite song off the album. So in conclusion, I think SL songs are highly rated even though people don't state it directly.

Let me start a nasty blood feud right now with this comment:

BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL IS THE MOST OVERRATED OPETH SONG THERE IS!!

Take that, muthahumpas :)