Drone/Noise

Hatebreeder

Pizzicato Heartstrings
I've been interested in getting into bands like Sunn O))) for quite a while, but I have never got around to getting recommendations or sampling their albums.

I would like recommendations of where to start for each of the following bands:

Sunn O)))
Boris
Merzbow
Earth
Lustmord

Thank you. Feel free to throw in similar bands as well.

I've been interested in getting into bands like Sunn O))) for quite a while, but I have never got around to getting recommendations or sampling their albums.

I would like recommendations of where to start for each of the following bands:

Sunn O)))
Boris
Merzbow
Earth
Lustmord

Thank you. Feel free to throw in similar bands as well.

Sunn O)))-Black One
Boris-Pink, Flood or Feedbacker
Merzbow-Merzbird or Rainbow Electronics
Earth-Earth 2

Grave Temple, KTL, Om and Burial Chamber Trio are also worth your time.

I can not suggest Flood enough. It is a perfect album of droning bliss.

If you need help finding these contact me and I will direct you in multiple stores you can buy them from.

DO people actually enjoy this crap?

Lustmord is the fucking shit dude. I also love Ulf Solderberg & Sephiroth a lot as well so check them out. It's great fucking "music" if you ever listen to it in the proper setting. I think those other 4 drone bands are kinda shitty, but I love Lustmord & dark ambeint.

Ive listened to maybe 10 bands samples on a last fm or mysapce and I chcked out that V5 guy's shit and I just want to chuck my headphones across the room. Seriously I dont understand it at all..

Ive listened to maybe 10 bands samples on a last fm or mysapce and I chcked out that V5 guy's shit and I just want to chuck my headphones across the room. Seriously I dont understand it at all..

Than leave. No one cares unless you can give a interesting argument
against it.

There already is a noise topic about halfway down this page. Though it turned into more of a dark ambient topic. But if you are looking for stuff like Lustmord then there are many good recs inthere.

As for Lustmord himself, can't really go wrong with any of it. My personal favourite is The Place Where the Black Stars Hang.

Boris' stuff is all over the place so don't really know what to recommend for them. Everything I've heard by them is great. Just don't be surprised if you've only heard samples from Flood and then listen to Pink because they are nothing alike at all. Flood is drone with minimalism/ambient bits (track 1 is pretty much Phillip Glass worship), whereas Pink is more like psychedelic noise rock.

Boris' stuff is all over the place so don't really know what to recommend for them. Everything I've heard by them is great. Just don't be surprised if you've only heard samples from Flood and then listen to Pink because they are nothing alike at all. Flood is drone with minimalism/ambient bits (track 1 is pretty much Phillip Glass worship), whereas Pink is more like psychedelic noise rock.

Make sure to note that Flood is not Sunn 0)))-like droning though. Not even close.

i'm kinda digging that boris band. i mean it's good for like zoning out or something. i usually rely on really slow funeral doom for that but i can see why people enjoy it. i certainly didn't slam stuff down like that one nincompoop in this thread.

anyways, it is kinda like wedding doom in my opinion. kind of a real slow cheerful version of something like nortt. do these boris fellas ever use vocals?

is there bad drone out there? if so, how can you tell?

You can tell by how "cheap" it sounds. The process of which Sunn creates their music is very complex and uses all these strange ways of "feeling" sound and "moving" it.

i'm kinda digging that boris band. i mean it's good for like zoning out or something. i usually rely on really slow funeral doom for that but i can see why people enjoy it. i certainly didn't slam stuff down like that one nincompoop in this thread.

anyways, it is kinda like wedding doom in my opinion. kind of a real slow cheerful version of something like nortt. do these boris fellas ever use vocals?

As you can see I have the Boris logo in my sig. They use vocals in almost all of their releases. Which album are you listening to?

I made a post in the already existent thread that can point you in the right direction.

To the dude who chucked his headphones across the room after hearing Ichorous; good!

From Sunn O))) check Black One and also their project with Boris, Altar.
Khanate and Monarch are good too.
Check Khlyst is you want something insane and intense.