Drone/Noise

so i've been listening to this boris "the thing which solomon overlooked" album and it's been going on for like 5 hours. i can honestly say i like it a lot. very very interesting. still not one single peep out of a vocal, though. sometimes your mind can wander off for like 20 minutes and you don't even know what the hell is going on. i'm definately gonna buy some of this boris stuff even though i had a cat that died whose name was boris and the name kinda makes me sad but anyways for the benefit of the thread starter:

BORIS "the thing which solomon overlooked" is the shit and you should buy it. it's the sonic equivalent to going insane

i don't but i only listened to each one time. the solomon cd seems like a million time more interesting but i guess only time will tell. i also listened to "pink" and that was entirely different. like post rock? it was also pretty great.

Pink is pretty great but it's not post-rock. It's psychedelic rock not unlike Green Milk from the Planet Orange (except noisier).

yeah well i guess i don't know what the hell post rock is then. i was just guessing. i like the dronier stuff better. they may as well be a different band. all good, though

Some good drone/doom:
GOG
TenHornedBeast (kind of hard to get into at first though)
Khanate
Teeth of the Lions Rule The Divine

yeah well i guess i don't know what the hell post rock is then. i was just guessing. i like the dronier stuff better. they may as well be a different band. all good, though

Post-Rock is Mogwai,Godspeed! You Black Emperor, and Explosions In The Sky.

i checked out that merzbow, too and that is pretty damn noisy. hard to dance to. i almost heard some music in there somewhere. i'll have to pay more attention next time i listen to it and give a more proper comment. so far i have no idea whether i like it or not or even what the heck it's supposed to be. merzbird is the one.

Check out EARTH, Sunn O))) got their name from EARTH's amps =)
(Just for those of you who didn't know, sorry if it was an obvious statement)

Oh yeah, give Burning Witch a listen, intense stuff =)