Drone Doom

Is jesu drone...if so i am amazed at the s/t album.
Sunn 0))) at frist was hard to get into but i got into them after hearing "It Took A Night To Belive" with wrest on vocals.

The Jesu s/t is more like heavy doom-y shoegaze rock stuff rather than the droning doom on their debut EP (Heart Ache).

I'm sticking to my guns here and saying that the absolute best, most crushing, PUREST drone is definitely Sunn's 00 Void. BRILLIANT oscillations of misery and fuckin' dismal dooooooom.

Drone ambient is good shit too, one of my favorites being Hive Mind. I actually played my second show with this guy, am wearing one of his 2005 tour shirts right now, AND may have a 3" CD coming out on his label sometime next year!

I really enjoy the band Monarch. Especially "Speak of the Sea" They're from France, female vocalist, lengthy songs, bleak atmosphere and mood...excellent stuff.

I just bought black one. One of the best records I have ever bought. I dont think i will like any other of there records so I am going to check out the alter cd with boris.

^^^^^

I hate all of my old posts....

Anyways. I need to know what people think of both Sunn's White records. I also want to know how I can listen to these records and not destroy my ears.

I have Sunn O))) on my MP3 player. I find it's very good for mellowing to, or even for lulling me to sleep. Khanate are a good Drone band as well.

Of course I'm the only person that I know who can even stand Drone, let alone enjoy it.

For those who've never heard it, you probably won't like it. It's essentially ambient static with the occasional raspy tortured shriek.

Personally though I think it focuses the mind very nicely. You don't need to focus on the music at all, merely allow it to consume you.

my favorites are Skepticism, Ahab, Sunn's material before Black1, Reverend Bizzare?, Doomthrone, Jesu?, Stabat Mater, Evoken, The Funeral Orchestra...

I admnit that I'm a noob in the whole Doom genre... it's not really easy-listening, I usually prefer Funeral Doom the most.

yeah Drone Doom has more in common with Ambient and Noise then it does with Metal overall...
I'll second Boris, Khanate, and Earth.
I'll recommend
Unearthly Trance
Pelican(only the early stuff, the newer stuff is Sludge)
as long as we're getting into stuff thats semi Drone
Bohren & Der Club of Gore
Toby Driver
and hell just about everything V.V.V.V.V recommended he has awesome taste for this sort of stuff.
Jesu is the most accessible Drone/Doom band currently i'd say

I miss phrozenspite, but where the fuck did he get the idea Bohren & der Club of Gore was dronedoom?

my favorites are Skepticism, Ahab, Sunn's material before Black1, Reverend Bizzare?, Doomthrone, Jesu?, Stabat Mater, Evoken, The Funeral Orchestra...

I admnit that I'm a noob in the whole Doom genre... it's not really easy-listening, I usually prefer Funeral Doom the most.
This is a drone thread, doom has nothing to do with it. ;)