Drowning Dinosaurs?

monoxide_child

New Metal Member
Jul 30, 2008
i spend a lot of time watching TV, and a while back i saw one of those "Christian" shows talking about how "the fossil record" is "innacurate"
the show said that all those "legends" of "knights in armor" slaying "dragons" were actually the result of "pre-flood" humans actually interacting with dinosaurs
according to the show the universe is "5 days older than Adam" dinousaurs interacted humans and that the "great catastrophe" that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs was "Noah's Flood"
i personnally think this is totally bullshit, but i also think that there might actually be some people who believe this, and i wanted to hear you guys' thoughts on this subject

Yes, there are people who actually believe it and other equally ridiculous stories. One of my friends from college is a member of some Orthodox group and one of their pamphlets explains how dinosaurs never actually existed at all, insisting that all fossils of non-modern animals are clay formations that permeated multiple rock layers during Noah's flood and were shaped by Satan's influence. Additionally, they claim that Carbon dating is inaccurate because Satan himself manipulated the radio data of the entire planet :rolleyes:

When I questioned one Christian about the 7days of creation and further about what was up with the Dinosaurs. I of course got the story about how one day in Gods life was much more than what we call a day. Then regarding the dinosaurs that there is some passage in the bible that talks about Angels comming down and interbreeding with humans and creating some kind of abominable monsters and that this was what they believed the dinosaurs were. I forget exact details or where its written in the scriptures.

But whatever... everybodys got to believe in something... right ?

We don't know for sure, but in my opinion, whoever thought that up was an idiot. If Christians were just a BIT more open minded about the doctrine they read, they would have a much different picture of the world.

We don't know for sure, but in my opinion, whoever thought that up was an idiot. If Christians were just a BIT more open minded about the doctrine they read, they would have a much different picture of the world.

It seems to me that the problem is really in that the scriptures are left open to interpretation as to their message. Then that skipping around from one book and verse to another to tell some supposedly apparent story always cracks me up.

I dont care to argue these days with Christians as I believe most of them... those that are not hardcore... to be less of a threat to society than many other current trains of thought.

BUT where you say " If Christians were just a BIT more open minded about the doctrine they read, they would have a much different picture of the world"... where I say... if people would just realize that its origions are in Israelite folklore and that decent fair people would realize they were nothing but experienced learned guidelines passed down by elders and spred about with "fear of God"(fire and brimstone... eternal hell) as the only feasible deterrent available in those primitive times

Is it just me, or does christianity never stop adding to their religion? The only things christians can really back up biblically are things ACTUALLY WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE. Now, I havn't read much of it, but i can almost assure anyone that there is no dinosaur slaying in the bible.

This sounds like power metal.
BUT where you say " If Christians were just a BIT more open minded about the doctrine they read, they would have a much different picture of the world"... where I say... if people would just realize that its origions are in Israelite folklore and that decent fair people would realize they were nothing but experienced learned guidelines passed down by elders and spred about with "fear of God"(fire and brimstone... eternal hell) as the only feasible deterrent available in those primitive times
Do you mean that Christianity and Judaism are just developed ancient religions (which brings Islam to the same thing too while it's a whole chain)?
I don't actually know, but I believe that Christianity and Judaism that we know today have a lot of Pagan influences over the years. The problem for me is that if Christianity and Judaism are full of myth and Jesus is just a metaphor for the sun, which makes Islam 100% false, so how could I explain the correctness of Qur'an in all it's scientific references and when it says that Judaism and Christianity were edited ??? :erk:

I dont know enough about it Hex but I know all peoples spred across the globe had stories they told. Story telling was a big thing and one of the few forms of entertainment. Storys be they ancient or some current books and movies have some kind of meaning of life message... "moral of the story" as the saying it goes. That is how I feel about the ancient books.

I did combine what is called the old testament in with "Christianity" because they reference both books according to thier needs. So I guess the "old testament" is what you call Judaism ?

I dont know much about any of it but drew my conclusion along time ago and its just how I feel about the whole thing. Today on earth matters, after death doesnt mean crap to me.

Yes, there are people who actually believe it and other equally ridiculous stories. One of my friends from college is a member of some Orthodox group and one of their pamphlets explains how dinosaurs never actually existed at all, insisting that all fossils of non-modern animals are clay formations that permeated multiple rock layers during Noah's flood and were shaped by Satan's influence. Additionally, they claim that Carbon dating is inaccurate because Satan himself manipulated the radio data of the entire planet :rolleyes:

If Satan had that much power, that would mean he has equal, if not near equal, power with god.

If Satan had that much power, that would mean he has equal, if not near equal, power with god.

Satan lacks omnipotence, and omniscience if nothing else. However, being a spirit he has "powers" that would dazzle a human, not to mention thousands (or more) of years to observe people and figure out the best way to manipulate within the bounds he is allowed by YHWH.

Is it just me, or does christianity never stop adding to their religion? The only things christians can really back up biblically are things ACTUALLY WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE. Now, I havn't read much of it, but i can almost assure anyone that there is no dinosaur slaying in the bible.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job%2041&version=9;

Now I know most footnotes will say a "leviathan" is a "Crocodile", but if you read the description, that is obviously wrong. Coincidently Job is supposedly the oldest penned book.

almost sounded like a dragon there for a minute

that section exemplifies something about biblical stuff that always bothered me. They are just like someone went down a list, entertaining themselves as they came up with another item to add.

I mentioned that Satan's ability to manipulate would be a direct contradiction to the omnipotence of God, but apparently that wasn't an issue for them, or they didn't think of it. Either way, my friend doesn't personally believe it, she's just aware of it because that's what her crazy church teaches.
Satan lacks omnipotence, and omniscience if nothing else. However, being a spirit he has "powers" that would dazzle a human, not to mention thousands (or more) of years to observe people and figure out the best way to manipulate within the bounds he is allowed by YHWH.
Even if Satan's powers aren't on par with God's, it is still a contradiction because God didn't just banish him from Heaven. As a guy from the TabIt forums with a Master's degree in Theology would point out, Satan was banished to hell and is spending eternity being punished along with all the other sinners. Under those circumstances, he shouldn't have any influence on the Earth realm what-so-ever, as doing so would imply that God either lacked the ability to ban him completely (not omnipotent), over looked an important flaw (not omniscient), or simply allows it to happen (not enforcing his own law).

When I questioned one Christian about the 7days of creation and further about what was up with the Dinosaurs. I of course got the story about how one day in Gods life was much more than what we call a day. Then regarding the dinosaurs that there is some passage in the bible that talks about Angels comming down and interbreeding with humans and creating some kind of abominable monsters and that this was what they believed the dinosaurs were. I forget exact details or where its written in the scriptures.

there are those who believe that there is a "gap" between Genisis 1:1 and Genisis 1:2 and that dinosaurs were created and became extinct durring this "gap", this doesn't really make sense because this would put the extinction of the dinosaurs BEFORE the creation of the sun and the moon

the humans breading with angels is supposedly what caused the "titans" in greek myth

Even if Satan's powers aren't on par with God's, it is still a contradiction because God didn't just banish him from Heaven. As a guy from the TabIt forums with a Master's degree in Theology would point out, Satan was banished to hell and is spending eternity being punished along with all the other sinners. Under those circumstances, he shouldn't have any influence on the Earth realm what-so-ever, as doing so would imply that God either lacked the ability to ban him completely (not omnipotent), over looked an important flaw (not omniscient), or simply allows it to happen (not enforcing his own law).

#1. Where does the Bible say Satan was already banished to "hell"?
#2. Just because he hasn't been punished yet doesn't mean he won't be (Revelation is pretty specific about that).

Somewhere it does say he was "cast out" no ?
not that I care, its all bullshit (folklore)
I know the Jehova Witnesses believe he was "cast down to earth" sometime around 1918 if I recall correctly. A direct contradiction to the first pages of Genesis.

If I were to start my own religious sect I would point to the industrial revolution as the date "Satan" stepped foot on earth..... :lol: ....... but it is when man began to lose connection with "terra", the nurturing Mother whos face we have now turned to spit on.

Through history if one wanted to see the work of "Satan", or better yet, the reality of the evil of men, we could look to Greek or Roman conquest, Vikings, Gangis Khan, Napoleon, a pile of other political idjuts... pretty much all of them, the "Churches" very own Inquisition, the very stories in the bible of the pursuits of Moses and just an overall ugly history in general.

Bravo two leggers, your fucking awesome......... at consumption

Genisis Chapter 6 says that when the "angels mated with humans" the resulting offspring were called "nephilim" and that these super-human entities had abilities beyond what humans would have had (Thor and Hercules being so much stronger than humans, Loki shape-shifting etc etc) they became entities that the pagans (ei Greeks and Egyptians) worshipped as deities, and that the tallest ones were so much taller than pure humans that they became the Titans and Cyclopses in the greek myths, also these nephilim are the explination of why "goliath" was so much taller than any of the isrealites when "david" killed him with the slingshot

Somewhere it does say he was "cast out" no ?
not that I care, its all bullshit (folklore)
I know the Jehova Witnesses believe he was "cast down to earth" sometime around 1918 if I recall correctly. A direct contradiction to the first pages of Genesis.

If I were to start my own religious sect I would point to the industrial revolution as the date "Satan" stepped foot on earth..... :lol: ....... but it is when man began to lose connection with "terra", the nurturing Mother whos face we have now turned to spit on.

Through history if one wanted to see the work of "Satan", or better yet, the reality of the evil of men, we could look to Greek or Roman conquest, Vikings, Gangis Khan, Napoleon, a pile of other political idjuts... pretty much all of them, the "Churches" very own Inquisition, the very stories in the bible of the pursuits of Moses and just an overall ugly history in general.

Bravo two leggers, your fucking awesome......... at consumption

Being cast out of heaven and being confined to hell are very different.

I agree with you regarding the "works of Satan". I believe all religions are part of the works of Satan, to the exclusion of the Bible itself, since there is no religion that actually follows the Bible.

I also agree the industrial revolution has been very bad for us overall, and we need to go back to natural living. Chemical polution is killing us and the life processes that support us, and we have scientists destroying the nutritional value of our food to create huge profits for chemical companies, which in turn makes us sick to make huge profits for big pharma.

I see world events marching quite clearly to Revelation, and am confident in the projected ending, which also affirms the beginning of things.

I see your a believer Dakryn, takes alot in my book. I believe in neither a God nor Satan, just the innate characteristics of mankind... which obviously covers the entire gammet from good to bad to contradiction and distraction. Should I be totally wrong and the judgement day come to be or the promised new beginning I would choose to pass... again we would only find ourselves dealing with the selfishness of mankind.... or the extreme plasticity of sugar pouring the saintly and angellic indulge in.

BTW - maybe the wording was "Cast down from Heaven" ? I suppose that would depend on whos interpretation a faith was following

Additionally, they claim that Carbon dating is inaccurate because Satan himself manipulated the radio data of the entire planet
i've heard the "creationists" say that carbon dating is innacurate, saying the earth didn't exist untill "5 days before Adam" and that the dinosaurs existed alongside humans, that dinosaurs were actually "dragons" from Europe and Asian mythologies