Drum editing Needed

Never considered that guitar tracks could help not edit drums to death, but it actually makes sense. It's not because it's the first instrument you would throw in that it cannot deserve being put in context, so thanks for the input

Sturgis even provides samples from different sessions on his website, I think it is pretty obvious he does record drum kits.

drums only

edit: editing bass and vocals as well won't be much more expansive as they do not require anywhere near the amount of work drums do.

Just curios, but I suppose you'd mean really blast beat heavy material, right?
Otherwise it 1h per minute on "normal" material seems a bit slow to me, but I don't know what kind of playing you usually have to deal with ;)

But I always thought quoting for (drum)edits without having heared the raws to be pretty difficult...cause as noted, it also depends on the recording quality. If it's allready hard to hear/see where the hits are, cause someone has been hitting like a pussy, and then you have bleed all over it it can get pretty hard to not fuck with what seems to be wanting a transient :lol:

I remember Carlos bitching about the nightmare he had to deal with haha :p

Pocketing is also something where I try to drag whole sections into the groove, except really palm mute heavy rhymthic parts where every instrument hits the same time