Drum question

Bibbi

New Metal Member
Jun 9, 2012
Stockholm
Is there sheet music for drums?

If you write a song, for example, and you can play all the instruments but not drums, how do you explain to your band member how to play, so it sounds like you want it to sound?

So I don´t know any drummer to ask, so I ask here (again). :loco:

Hello Bibbi!
Yes you can write sheets and notes for drums. Instead of different tones on different lines you have different drums. It's very common for freelance live musicians to work like that. In a studio thou it's far to time consuming to write sheets for everything (at least in rock, pop, metal music). In my case with PAIN Peter first records a demo with a drum machine containing all the important stuff that he wants me to do. Then I usually have a couple of weeks to listen to it to learn the songs and come up with my own ideas before I go into the studio and replace the drum machine with "my" drumming.

If you don't have the possibility to do a demo with a drum machine you can always refer to other music and songs regarding what kind of style or type of drumming you want in general and then do the fine tuning when you record the song.

I hope this was a good answer for you? :)

best

/David