DRUM-Reverb?!?

Jan 22, 2006
hey guys!
i recorded some decent drumtracks,and wanted to give them some more ambience and depth.what kind of reverb do you guys use for the whole set?i´m trying since hours,but can´t find a Reverb type that i like for the drums.do you put reverb on all the seperate instruments (snare,toms,kick...) and in addition a reverb on the set?
Cheers,pat

You wanna be looking at Plate and Room Reverbs for the drums. I usually go for a Room Reverb on the Snare, Toms and Kick, I don't normally apply an overall Reverb. Which DAW are you using/which Reverb plugins do you have access to?

Also consider filtering out the signal that's being sent to the verb. When I'm using verb on snare and toms I usually roll off everything under 200-300 Hz to prevent frequency rumble, and sometimes above 3-4 kHz too when needed (ie. snare drum with loud "wires" sound, or Nick Barker-like scooped toms).
When the kick is sent too I'm even more restrictive (like 300-2000 Hz) since I want the click to remain clear and sharp...

I put the usual verbs on the single drum parts them put on Perfectspace onto the drum bus and have around -14db of the noisevault live room impulse, just gives a nice live feel backing the drumkit. Plus it sounds cool if you listen to the wet signal, if your sad like myself :)

You wanna be looking at Plate and Room Reverbs for the drums. I usually go for a Room Reverb on the Snare, Toms and Kick, I don't normally apply an overall Reverb. Which DAW are you using/which Reverb plugins do you have access to?

i use cubase sx3 and waves renaissance verb
cheers,pat