Drum Thread For WeekendWarrior

> I've made my philosophy "There's always someone better."

I hear you on that one :lol:

Yes I try and do the 'chunks' think to. Splitting the songs up into various sections. The trouble is the nature of many of our songs are rather 'bity' and it's hard for me to remember accurately.

Still it's nice to hear I'm not alone with this problem. Good old repartition is the best way to go :D

What band do you play with ATHALLUS?

LOL Cool to hear I'm not alone either!:lol:
I play in a Power/Doom/Thrash combo called
THEONOMOUS, with my baby brother (Rythmn Guitar, writes about 90% ofthe riffs) and my younger cousin (Lead Guitar writes about 10% of the riffs) and I write lyrics. We have no bassist, singer or keyboardist. YET. :( LOL

Theonomous means "Goverened by a supreme deity" in Greek so considering what our music is about, I thought it was appropriate.

We are primarily Power Metal, but we also add the Doomy stuff in there as well as Thrash riffs.

If you ever need advice or would like to give me a helpful hint sometime, just ask dude.:)

which reminds me : Have anyone got the new Manowar dvd yet??
I think it's entitled "Fire and Blood".. It includes Hell on earth p.2 and a full concert in Brazil, "Blood in Brazil".
I will get it as fast as I can.

I said at th beginning of this thread, that my drums broke a few years back. My beautiful drums (especially in sound) had started to lose their tuning lugs due to constant tear-down, set-up, transporting and abuse. Well, my CB Percussion Internationale MX Power Series have ben put away and sitting in my mother's house for about a year or so, but the other day, I got online and happened upon a site that carries my particular brand of drums, and for around 25-30 american dollars, I can repair my drums and have them ready to thunder before our demo.:D

Some may say, "So what? drums are drums, right?"
Wrong!
Am I right, fellow drummers?

My drums have FAR more projection than the drums my cousin gave to me. I'm grateful I had them to play on, but MY drums are made of Mahogany wood, which gives them a great, powerful thundering boom. They were made for Metal music and that is one reaso why I want them to be repaired.

I have had people mistake them for Ludwigs, Pearl. and Sonor by their sound and tone.

So, I hope to be playing my set on the demo in a few months!!!!!!:D