"DRUMAGOG 5 BASIC" PROBLEM

Leon--

Apr 17, 2009
London
hello guys i have a problem with drumagog 5 basic.
i can use all the samples that i want but i cannot find the correct sensitivity,it doesnt match the metronome
im experimenting with the sensitivity and even moving the waveform few ms back but i cannot find it
any suggestions?
(btw it's midi and i havent quantise anything yet just to find the perfection in time right now with the program)

Leon,

We are sorry that you are experiencing trouble with Drumagog 5 Basic. First, when you speak of the "Sensitivity" are you referring to the Sensitivity Bar in the Visual Triggering Window, the sound of the replaced hits, or the timing of the drums (which is not Sensitivity, but Latency)?

Since you mention trying to move the waveform back in time, I assume you may be taking about latency. This issue can be caused by using an audio program without plugin delay compensation, such as Pro Tools 8 LE (or earlier), which has no delay compensation. A workaround for this is to shift the track 80 ms (the default latency setting in Drumagog 5) earlier.

The newly released Pro Tools 9 includes built-in delay compensations (like every other product on the market), to eliminate the steps of bouncing and adjusting the track. So you could also upgrade to PT9.

If I have misunderstood your issue, please let us know. You can also contact our support line at support (at) drumagog (dot) com

Cheers,
Jack

hello jack and first of all im really suprised to speak with someone from the company in a random forum,that's amazing and makes me proud.thanks a lot
Im using pro tools 9 and i've added delay compensation and now it's almost perfect,i'm still trying to find it 100% perfect with the delay compensation in the metronome but im really close.
thank you very much and keep up the great work and response,the whole world is using drumagog hehe.
/Leon.

I got the exact same problem withe the latency... but also a second problem :-/....Sometimes snare fills/rolls are not "triggered" exactly the way they were played... I´ve fooled around with the sensitivity bar in the visual trigger window, but i just still cant get all hits (from kick and snare only) the way they were played. I appreciate your response guys! Thanks in advance!

in a random forum

A random forum? The Andy Sneap forum is like the second biggest subforum in the Ultimate Metal forum (there's like over 50 000 threads here) and it has _quite_ a few active members + a few thousand not so active members, all audio engineers in different levels, so not having social audio network presence here would be kinda... You know. There are several other company reps here too that are actually pretty active users (Waves, Steven Slate, Lepou, just to name a few...)

[/offtopic]

but back to topic :)

I got the exact same problem withe the latency... but also a second problem :-/....Sometimes snare fills/rolls are not "triggered" exactly the way they were played... I´ve fooled around with the sensitivity bar in the visual trigger window, but i just still cant get all hits (from kick and snare only) the way they were played. I appreciate your response guys! Thanks in advance!

We are sorry you are experiencing trouble with Drumagog's triggering. This can be caused by several issues with the recorded audio. First, check that you are running the latest 5.11 update. A reinstall may also help, as a user recently had a similar issue and updating to 5.11 solved it immediately.

What exact operating system and audio program are you using? What other settings are you using in Drumagog? Is there any bleed coming from other mics into the audio track that is being triggered? How fast is the track's BPM?

What size is the project other plugins are being used in the project? You can also send us a small section of the problem track (WAV or MP3 format) that exhibits the problem you are having to support@drumagog.com, and we'd be happy to take a look at it and see what needs to be done to fix the issue.

Cheers,
Jack