Drumagog and Triggers

That's the only way you'll get Drumagog to trigger properly!

:danceboy:

I kid, I kid!

Could someone explain their method in doing this please? I've tried this idea since Andy first mentioned it, and with out the sensitivity setting of a module, each trigger picks up every other drum shell. Like for example the Kick trigger would pick up the snare and toms and vice Versa. I've tried gating but the bleed is just as loud as the main triggered drum shell.
Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: I'm using the PRO Ddrum not red shot

Could someone explain their method in doing this please? I've tried this idea since Andy first mentioned it, and with out the sensitivity setting of a module, each trigger picks up every other drum shell. Like for example the Kick trigger would pick up the snare and toms and vice Versa. I've tried gating but the bleed is just as loud as the main triggered drum shell.

I've got 2nd-tier triggers but they work fine. Your replacement program should have a threshold that will not pick up the other drums...

Also, keep in mind that you will have to alternate your settings and print different sections at a time. It's not just hit record and print the whole track, voila! You also may have to do some editing on faster rolls and cut out everything but the peaks.

Can't speak for anyone else here, but that's how I roll.

dont have 48v turned on your channel, and make sure your gains for each one is set to unity

make sure you're not clipping, and that should do it

Genius Gone Insane said:
Your replacement program should have a threshold that will not pick up the other drums...

yeah that'd be Drumagog, but the bleed is just as loud so it would trigger everything else too.

joeymusicguy said:
dont have 48v turned on your channel, and make sure your gains for each one is set to unity

make sure you're not clipping, and that should do it

they're at unity, but that would just raise the level of everything.

My main problem is the bleed. i have no problem recording it and getting it loud enough to trigger, but it's (to put it simply) getting the kick trigger to not bleed on the snare and toms track.

Does anyone else experience this?

I should just stick to using the module...

While on the subject....

Anyone know if the trigger signal will make it through a 100 foot cable snake?

I have my trigs going 20' cable to the wall, around 15' in the wall, and another 10' from the wall to the pre, then a cord from the pre to the input. I have no problems. I use Ddrum pro triggers. They're red, and the same as Andy's. I have no bleed issues with these trigs. Don't use phantom power with em. I think I fucked one up, running 48v to one. I use drumagog, and I have no issues at all. Works perfect!

i give up on triggers now.
now i just keep it natural, and trigger from the mics, but only kick and snare, ( i have more luck with drumagog this way) i hate the sound of triggered toms now.
use the 5 free channels for room mics and other crazy shit