Drumagog Issue

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Has anybody else had this problem? I cant open more than 4 Drumagogs in my DAW otherwise they turn black and all my waveforms dissapear (I can still hear them) :erk: So basically I cant trigger a kick/snare and 3 simple toms. This is pissing me off sooo bad because ive had to start a session twice over already!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I have all sorts of problems with Drumagog when the computer is working hard (like, with more then 3 instances). I always record the audio from drumagog to a seperate track then the natural drum and then get rid of drumagog. No automation no drumagog running. Although, if you don't want to do that then I don't know how to help.

Im using Sonar 6. Ever since I got their update things have been so unreliable :erk: Even though it was designed to fix bugs. Im considering using ap trigger for the 3 toms and Dgog for the kick and snare or any other combo. Its so strange when the waveforms blank out.

Even if I open a new project and whack in 4 drumagogs everything dies. Not CPU wise, just everything starts to go blank and freeze up :cry:

Would combining Dgog and Aptrigga be a decent enough idea?

why not just use aptrigga?

i do them all seperately anyway so i can hear how much of a mess drumagog is making

I tried aptrigga a while back and I couldnt get away with it, seemed drumagog was easier to use dispite what everybody else says. One thing I do remember however, was that the same sample triggered with ap and not dgog was a lot thicker sounding. Ill have to try it again and see what happens. Im so dissapointed with dgog, it was serving me well!!!

PS. Do you usually trigger lets say 3 toms then render the tracks and import them back into your projects to save CPU?

Whenever I Drumagog toms, I write them to the tracks (which is still non-destructive in Nuendo with its Offline-Process History, which I LOVE!!!)

It definately saves on CPU and that way I can make damn sure every hit is perfect so I don't have to worry about it again.

I think he means bounce them. I do that too when the CPU starts hissing/humming insanely.

but yeah, i have a similar problem.
But its mainly with either Andy's Snare or Floor Tom, All the other samples i have work perfectly. As soon as i load them i have uncheck the "Use Dynamic Samples" box or the CPU load increases quite a bit.

EDIT: using Cubase SX3