drumagog sounding like a machine??

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
ok i wana use andy's samples but when i use just 1 sample and put on snare snare fills sound like a drum machine or machine gun not real enough....

Should i cut snare into like the 5 hits that are provided and multisample will this help the dreaded fakeness i am geting from drumagog??

or is there something else i can do i really love these samples and wana use them please any help:OMG:

oh yea im just micing up kit and recording into protools then replacing in protools with drumagog as a plugin on snare track and on kick track .

yes, you should cut it into 5 hits and use multisampling. There are two main advantages to multisampling: The first is to hve consecutive hits sound different like a real drummer. The second is to allow different velocities of hits trigger different samples....so softer hits trigger samples of softer hits.

i have a bad drum room and just some decent mics and lowball pre's so im thinking my drum sound is not gona be what im looking for at all so probly gona replace forsure.
is the 5 hits in andy's samples enough to multisample???
is there anything i can do i really like these samples alot!!:yell:

I use 8 as just kind of a standard number of samples for the main velocity, and then another 8 going from very low to high for drum rolls. That usually works pretty well. If I remember correctly, there were somewhere around 6-8 full velocity snare hits and another 6 or so going from low to high in Andy's samples, so that really should be enough.

Steep? Dunno if 15 mins is steep, but it sure as hell is very very useful. It's fairly logical and straightforward to use if you've dealt with programming/samples in the past.

The real problem comes in when the source is so badly mic'ed that drumagog mis-triggers.

Moonlapse said:
Steep? Dunno if 15 mins is steep, but it sure as hell is very very useful. It's fairly logical and straightforward to use if you've dealt with programming/samples in the past.

The real problem comes in when the source is so badly mic'ed that drumagog mis-triggers.

Nothing like chopping up a real drum track to trigger Drumagog! Yeah, I've been there.

how easy would it be for me to run dfhs into drumagog and use it to trigger andy's samples? and would it sound ok, because of dfhs varying the strength of the hits?

cobhc said:
how easy would it be for me to run dfhs into drumagog and use it to trigger andy's samples? and would it sound ok, because of dfhs varying the strength of the hits?
I've tried it. It works pretty well actually. I imagine it would be pretty difficult to discern between the result of running a real drum track through drumagog and running a well-programmed DFHS or BFD track through drumagog. Although the notion of sampling a sample is kind of strange...

man i read the manual like 5 times now i think actually using it and messing with it works beter for me i just dint like the samples that came with it or from website. Andy's really suit my style more and im not good at eq and stuff yet. I tryed some of the multisamples from drumagog and bam problem solved im thinking i might cut up andy's samples and see if there enough to make it happen for me.

Thanks guys and sorry for asking dumb questions but i thought thats what fourms were for to ask stuff you need help with and people who know can help you out. I will just go back to homerecording fourm with my fellow newbs.:yuk:

see you when im a pro:wave: