drumkit from hell 2

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
i bought this sucker before i got my mac book pro (intel) and it is not compatible with intel macs unless i have kontakt 2.2 or later.

3 is the current version but i don't feel like spending all that money considering i don't really need kontakt and i probably will end up getting dkfh s2.0 anyway in the summer when it comes out but i mean its a bummer that i cant use my current version. i mean for ideas and stuff i use the default drum stuff that comes with logic but it would be nice to utilize dkfh for demos and pre production and things of that nature. i've called east west, the makers, and they aren't much help they rush me off the phone and just tell me to get kontakt. by any chance does anyone know of any loopholes or something less involved than buying an entire sampler to make it work?

You know...I bought DFH2 a very long time ago. Installed it, made a couple of demos with it...uninstalled it and haven't used it since. I bought Superior soon after and asked myself "why the hell did I buy DFH2?"

Superior is...superior.

~006

Basically, the best way to explain it is to show you the order of what came out and what it really is. I'll give it a shot:

DFH
DFHS
DFH2
EZDrummer

DFH, often referred to DFH1 or DFH Original, etc., is the first release. It's what put ToonTrack on the map and blew up the drum sample library portion of the audio industry.

Then Superior was developed, which is, to me, the be-all-end-all drum library, basically just ToonTrack topping themselves from DFH. This is the library that really innovated drum libraries because of the elaborate sample sets, velocity layers, etc. It is generally considered ToonTrack's flagship library.

Then East-West basically worked out an agreement with ToonTrack to take a few peices of the kits in DFHS and make an "LE" or "Light" version, which is what DFH2 is. It's not nearly as good, even though basically all it is, is a portion of the DFHS library...still can't figure out why it sucks so much though.

Then ToonTrack developed EZDrummer. With EZDrummer came the dfh expansion. The dfh expansion is just the original DFH release, but ported over to EZD format so you can use it with the interface. The original DFH did not have an interface, it was nothing more than a ton of samples that you had to put into a sampler, such as Battery, Kontakt, etc.

And now DFHS2.0 is coming out and somehow ToonTrack will top themselves again. I can't wait :)

~006

Difference between DFH2 and Superior?

DFH2 only has 2.4 gigs of samples. 1 kick drum, 1 set of toms, 3 snares, and 2 sets of cymbals.
DFHS has 35 gigs of samples.

Another annoying thing about DFH 2 and another reason to get DFHs?

The samples in DFH2 are not accessible. They are not raw audio files, but kompakt/kontakt instrument files. In other words, you can make GOGs out of them if you wanted to....super lame.

You know...I bought DFH2 a very long time ago. Installed it, made a couple of demos with it...uninstalled it and haven't used it since. I bought Superior soon after and asked myself "why the hell did I buy DFH2?"

Superior is...superior.

~006
Don't know if you are still on here but was wondering if you still had your copy of East West Drumkit from Hell2. I know, sad. Still have mine but my dvd for it is missing and had some old projects that I was trying to listen to but need the install file. THanks