Drumming-Double Bass question

No, I don't have Axis pedals but when I have enough money I will buy them. I have tried them few times and they are REALLY GOOD..

Like MetalChef said, playing with metronome helps really much too..

Play doubblebass:
Practice,practice,practice.
I have played drums maybe 7 years but I started whith doubblebass a half year ago.
I getting better and better.
So, just practice.
Good Luck!

Well.. I know two kind of blast beats.. here they are..

B= bass drum
S= snare
H= hihat (or ride)

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
HSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHS

and the another one is like

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

understand?

Yeah. usually i use the first one...but just have your drummer listin to lots of clean production blastbeats....um...Nile is good....Dark Funeral (blastbeats are like all they use ;)) Krisiun...Immortal SOND.....some of the ones i can think of that utilze lots of blastbeats and have clean prodcutions...

First and foremost, use a metronome. Work on both 16th notes and triplets. Here are some foot patterns to help develop control and speed:
1) RLRLRLRLRLRL etc.
2) RRLLRRLLRRLL etc.
3) RLRRLRLLRLRR etc.
4) RRRLRRRLRRRL etc.
5) RLRRLRRLRRLR etc.

Also, do basic rudiments over 16th note RLRLRL etc. double bass for independence.
As far as pedals, I'm using the Tama Iron Cobras; they feel the best to me. Whatever works for the individual.
Good luck with it, hope this helps.

Originally posted by Zyklon
Well.. I know two kind of blast beats.. here they are..

B= bass drum
S= snare
H= hihat (or ride)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

understand?

Actually, there is a third that my drummer also does... He has two seperate snares off to the side, one almost on top of the each other, so he can double up on the snare hits and I'm not sure, (being a guitarist) but it would look like this though...

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B
H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The bass drum and the high hat or ride is like normal for the first two blast beats, but the snare is doubled for a 32nd note I believe....

personally i think
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
SHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH

sux balls, but that's just my opinnion...
when i have to make a drum part, i try to make it an active part of the song, and try to be just the "4x4 keeper" as least as i can.

My advice is: keep beating your 2 feet in rythm EVERYWHERE you go. You'll get used to it.

so, try to use that kind of beat just when you really have to. Take a look at thyrfing and CoB when they use it.

I've been playing for 23 years. I would suggest getting "Double Bass Drumming" by Joe Franco. I studied with him for about 2 years and my playing improved a great deal. You can get the book in most music shops or you can find it online. There's a couple of videos out.... they've been out for a while but if you look for them, you'll find them. Tommy Aldridge & Joe Franco both have videos for double bass drumming. You may have not heard of these guys because they've been in the biz a long time but most of their teachings are great tools for learning. Good luck to ya!

FailingAcension, here's a pic of my set up.

tazdrums.jpg

I use DW Drums (Drum Workshop Collector’s Series). It consists of 9 pieces plus cymbals.

(2) 22"x18" Bass Drums, 10"x9", 12"x10", 13"x11", 14"x12" Rack-Toms, 16"x14" & 18"x16" Floor-Toms. I also use the Tama Octabons (low pitched) set (not pictured). I switch between 3 different snare drums. A DW black brass collector’s series snare, 14"x5¼". I use a Pearl 14"x6½" "Free-Floating" snare drum (brass shell) and the 3rd is my Tama, signature steel shell, snare drum which is 14"x6½".

I use a Gibraltar GRS-850DBL rack system and a DW Hi-Hat stand & Bass Drum pedals (5000 delta Series).

I use Sabian cymbals: 18" AAX Rock Crash, 18" AA Medium Crash, 18" HH Rock Crash, 14" AAX Metal Hi-Hats, Two 20" Chinese, 10" Splash & a 22" Custom Ride (non-Sabian). I use Evans drumheads and Vater Rock drumsticks.

Wow! Thats a REALLY nice set!!;) Mine isn't half that.....someday I will put a pic. of it on the gear pic. thread.....I wish I had a set like that....hehe:worship: